What t-cases are you guys running?

64Trvlr

FNG
I have several different transmission/transfercases, 465/205, 465/300, 4500/300, T18/20, 400/20 and a 420/18 w/warn overdrive. Plus the one in my 96 F350 Powerstroke but I'm not sure if that counts.

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
How come nobody ever made fun of Shawn for mentioning "hose power"? :confused:

To further make a d300/atlas comparison, whilst at the same time making fun of Shawn. A dana 300 would be a garden hose, and an Atlas would be a fire hose. :)

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
RockMonkey said:
How come nobody ever made fun of Shawn for mentioning "hose power"? :confused:

To further make a d300/atlas comparison, whilst at the same time making fun of Shawn. A dana 300 would be a garden hose, and an Atlas would be a fire hose. :)

Shut it down. :shawn:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
so, given the choice, is there anyone that would choose something over an atlas if price was no issue?

I wouldn't

Cody

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Cody said:
so, given the choice, is there anyone that would choose something over an atlas if price was no issue?

I wouldn't

Cody
In most cases I would agree. I can imagine some applications where a smaller case would fit better though.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Due to an unusual engine and gearing configuration, I will likely be running a divorced 205 in my future buggie. So, there are situations where an Atlas just will not work. I'm thinking even the 3 to 1 Atlas would be too low for my plans (nope, not portal axles of any type).

suv

Booty-fab Instructor
bobdog said:
Also for me, the way I like to use my Jeep I do not think I want a 4 to 1 T/C With granny low in the transmission I rarely want a lower gear and I think I would be missing the range that works best for sand and other high wheelspeed situations. I see 4 to 1 people shifting their case for the faster sections of trails and back when the going gets slower and I think my 2.6 case is just fine. The 3 to 1 Atlas could be made to work nicely though I bet.

I've got the Toyota RF1A x 2 (stock gears in both). For me, it's perfect. I love the doubler versatility because I can run most sections of trail (or mud/sand) in 2-low (2.28:1), or lock the rear case in for crawling (5.2:1). I realize the 'Yoter cases won't work with most of y'er domestic rigs, but if I had one I'd look at the 203/205 doubler. If my rig was short, I'd probably go Atlas (or Zuk! :ugh: )

P

pokeyYJ

I bet nobody else has this one, (at least nobody that posts with any frequency), LT230. 1.4 high range with 3.2 low range.

I think that I am going to add the 4-to-1 kit to this t-case, it is plenty strong for my application. And seeing how Atlas doesn't make a t-case with a passenger offset rear output, I would choose the LT230 over the atlas.

203/205 doubler in the cruisah, it's super strong, it's also super heavy. I need to lose some weight.

If you put both in low, and the tranny in the granny, combined with the axle's gears you get a rediculously low gear range that's pretty useless but cool to show your friends (from outside the rig).