What the F.............

NE_Utah

I have not been to Moab for a while. I was looking on photobucket at Moad pictures and ran across this. It pissed me off to see all the junk that has been dump on the grave. For the 15 years I have been going to Moab have never seen anything dumped on the grave on Poison Spider.

Does anyone clean it up or is it going to get worse? If it has been cleaned up thank you? Lke I said I have not been to Moab fo awhile.

Moab067.jpg
[/IMG]
Moab068.jpg
[/IMG]

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I'm gonna drive down there and get me some money and free stuff in the name of "trail cleanup"! Why do people litter in the name of remembrance of the dead? I would totally "clean" that place up! I could get half a burrito at la hacienda!

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
I used to consider myself to be pretty knowledgable about Moab and it trails and have done Poison Spider about a dozen times, but for the life of me I can't place where on Poison Spider this grave is located. Can anyone provide more info?

Also, does anyone know Mary Jane's story?

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Desecration?? For Christians maybe?. But what if she was Egyptian and needs stuff for her afterlife?? There is no doubt CD's, batteries and a purse to carry it all could come in handy? She's even got a Wally world gift card and cash money to go get the one thing that's missing..... A CD player!! :D:eek:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Mary Jane Francis, 13, died here from a poison spider bite in 1896, which is how the trail got its name...or so the story goes.

I've never heard if it is authentic or not... seems it is debated every couple of years.

NE_Utah

That rock has been like that since i had been going down. I cannot remeber the first time i was on that trail but it was on a motorbike in the late 80s with family.

Man that was a sweet bike. It was a 80cc, I think

The grave is just before the high spped track as they use to call it. it is on top of the hill before you drop back down into the split for gold bar.