what the hell is this? (computer problem)

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
my desktop background shut down and this popped up, i dont like this. mcafee says i am protected, and a scan comes up with nothing. but i am not going to click on the link. and i cant get rid of it. i put up a new background and this replaces it in a few seconds.

has anybody ever seen this?

Attachments

• wtf.JPG
    wtf.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 80
  • wtf2.JPG
    wtf2.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 33
  • wtf3.JPG
    wtf3.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Jeremy

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
this is not working for me. i am going through this list step by step and i am not finding any of these files. it has also disabled my task manager. so i cant stop it.

You'll likely have to boot into safe mode and enter the registry. You'll have to remove the startup part of the virus from there. I'm sure there's a step by step thing around somewhere, but I just do it. You'll wanna be careful with the registry.

Stephen said:
Well it wont solve your baldness, but all computer related ones! :D

Yeah, because Mac's never have issues? Let's be a little realistic while you peer through your iGlasses.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
hay jackass, i have a problem here, if you dont have anything to help me out, stay out of my thread. make fun of balding marc in your own thread.:shawn:

ps, i meant jackass in the nicest posible way.:p
:cody::D

I say format the drive! Fixes it everytime, plus it can't hurt to have a fresh install. :brett:
Agreed. Formating your drive will eliminate all your potential virus problems. Its inconvenient, but often times its the only way to have a sure fix (Just nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure.). As viruses get more complex and anti-virus programs get less reliable, its just easier to format. When I was still running Windows I didn't run any anti-virus software at all because it slowed my machine down. I just made sure I had good backups and formated every six months. Never had a problem.
In the two and a half years I've been using a Mac, I've never had a virus, never had a full system failure. And boy is it nice.

Jeremy

i have been working on this all day. i have made zero progress. i am ready to break it into a billion peices and flush it down the toilet.

i think it needs proffesional help. or atleast some one who has a bit more experience than i do.

any suggestions? any body want to look at it for me?

Caleb

i have been working on this all day. i have made zero progress. i am ready to break it into a billion peices and flush it down the toilet.

i think it needs proffesional help. or atleast some one who has a bit more experience than i do.

any suggestions? any body want to look at it for me?
:rofl: I rid myself of Windows PCs for a reason :D

:stir::stir::stir: