Jeep what tires has everyone used, and or liked?

Ima9er

Crazy Man
so it's the time for new tires on my jeep. i'm looking at different options out there, and as of right now there is only 2 that will fit my budget. the toyo open countries m/t, and the iroks. i'm looking for a 36 or 37" tire size. i can get a 37" toyo for cheaper than a 36" irok.
Has anyone ever wanted to run the toyo? if so why did you or didn't you? each tire of the toyo weighs 95lbs. i don't know what the iroks weigh. also i was looking at the interco tires and they are going to a radial type of tire not a bias ply tire anymore. what is everyones thought on these tires.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I just put a set of 37/12.5/15 radial Pit Bull Rockers on and so far I am pretty impressed with their off road ability. They grip incredibly well and have decent road manners.

Max Power

Bryce
I run bias Irok's and have had good luck with them. I would say that they are not great tires but are adequate. If you are going to be on the street a fair amount I would go Toyo. If your vehicle sees more dirt than asphalt I would run the Irok.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
I run bias Irok's and have had good luck with them. I would say that they are not great tires but are adequate. If you are going to be on the street a fair amount I would go Toyo. If your vehicle sees more dirt than asphalt I would run the Irok.

my jeep is a trailer queen, it will never see the pavement.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
i looked at those and they wanted 500 a tire. so its out of my option.

Where at? I picked mine up from my local Les Schwabb for a little over 400 per tire plus about $130 for freight from St. Loius. I looked at the Toyo also and it was about the same as my Pit Bull.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I had a set of Toyo M/T's in a 33" on my TJ. I hated them. The sidewalls didn't flex, they didn't grip on the rocks and just overall performance was terrible compared to the BFG M/T's I've run in the past. Now I'm running a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers and I am very impress.

The toyos were load range C on the TJ and sidewall flex was terrible even down to 11 PSI. The Trail Grapplers on my JK aired down to 15 PSI with load range E flex far better and have much better traction than the Toyo's. Not to mention toyo's are friggin heavy ass tires. I swear I will never run toyo M/T's ever again. Although I do love their A/T tires.

sixstringsteve

my favorite tires are BFG KM2s for mud terrains, and my favorite all-terrains are Big-O A/T or the Hankook A/T (same tires basically).

My least favorite tires are:
- procomp x-terrains
- bfg A/T

Tires I'd like to try:
- Pitbull rockers

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
I don't have much experience with different tires off road. but I do LOVE my KM2's. they are good on road, and great off road. I am not a fan of pro-comp tire anything. I have heard great things about the Goodyear dura-tracks and hankook MT's. not really specific to you but that has been my experience.

Caleb

For a strictly offroad vehicle, the Toyos are probably your worst tire you can get. The good thing about them is they are harder and last longer for heavy street driven rigs. I'd never even consider them a viable option for an off road only rig. I ran the Irok bias (in a 39.5") on my buggy and after only a couple runs I could see considerable wear on them.

Ima9er

Crazy Man
Where at? I picked mine up from my local Les Schwabb for a little over 400 per tire plus about $130 for freight from St. Loius. I looked at the Toyo also and it was about the same as my Pit Bull.

The same place. He told me they were 500 a tire, not including freight. I'm running a 36x14.50x15 right now. I would love to go bigger and skinnier.

UPNO4

Addicted
I second that the Toyo's are great on the street abit heavy but good over all and very quiet.
I also am a believer in the BFG KM2 I just put a set on my Grand and the are pretty awesome both on and off road sticky down in Moab

Tires to stay away from may get you a better response Cooper STT's never again will I own a set of those they have been the worst tires, Wear fast, can't keep them from feathering, noisy may gosh they were noisy. Glad they are off

Just remember there are lots of opinions when it comes to tires and everyone has both good and bad experiences with all of them

Ima9er

Crazy Man
on my nissan xterra i had the goodyear mtr(old style) loved them on and off road. when i got this jeep it had tsl's on it. been good down to the wire, i even grooved new tread in it to make it have some extra life, but now they are rotting out from sitting. so i just want something that will kill it on the rocks. no street use. i'm looking now at pitbull rockers lt bias, and the iroks bias ply. they both come in a 37x1350x15. i just didn't want to spend more than 2k on tires, when im the sole provider for my family when it comes to money.

Cascadia

Undecided
I would also stay away from the toyo m/t. I bought a used set (almost full tread) and only had them on the jeep for 1 run. They were the heaviest tire ever and they were so dang hard. I could still feel everything even aired down cause the rubber is so dense. And on top of that I was worried about my axles trying to turn that heavy of a tire. I've had 3 sets of km2s and loved em. My last rig also had general grabbers and they were awesome, but I think the max is a 35 right now.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
I talked to a uroc competitor a number of years ago that had the toyos on his comp rig. He said the only reason he ran them is because they were free. I run the 37" KM2 on my jeep, couldn't be happier. I waited until I saw a good deal on this site to buy them, I ended up with a set of four brand new tires mounted to brand new bead locks for $1500.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
The same place. He told me they were 500 a tire, not including freight. I'm running a 36x14.50x15 right now. I would love to go bigger and skinnier.

I declined the $25 per tire road hazard coverage. The les Schwab here is not a company store. I could put you in contact with the owner to give you a quote if you would like.

sixstringsteve

you should have no problem at all finding tires for under $2k. I'll bet you could find tires and wheels for under $2k.

Here's what I'd do:
1) buy a set of cheap used 17" wheels
2) go to tirecrawler.com and get the total shipped price for a set of the tires you want
3) print it out and take it to Discount Tire and ask them to match the price

or, since they won't see any street time and you want maximum traction, try some stickies.

shop used and get some great deals:
http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?89979-37-inch-trepedors-1000

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.ph...uot-IROKS-and-Beadlocks-**-Located-in-Idaho**

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?89721-37x12-50-15-old-style-mtr

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.ph...epy-Crawler-Sticky-s-Rockathon-16-quot-Wheels

Bart

For a trailer queen I'd forget about both of your choices and look for a great set of used stickies. Either Maxxis, BFG, or Goodyear.