What to do with this yota ?

So this guy at works daughter rolled this truck and he sold it to me for a good deal (hell i buy anything at a good price). So now im debating what to do with it. I would like to make a buggy and wheel it and leave the jeep for the streets. Or sell it for parts for jeep stuff or just use it to drive to work and the jeep for offroad. Im not sure so what would you do ?

Also how much are we really looking at for a Solid axle swap ? Im a Jeep guy so im not to familiar with the Yota stuff. And then put like 6inches under it and some 35's if i decide to tube it.

I started it today and it has a few minor issues i'll have fixed by this weekend but overall everything in it works. So after i make up make up my mind I might just get out the sawzall and go to town on it !

Specs:
88 toy pickup
4wd
5 speed
22RE
Thats about all I know

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Sounds familiar. You could always do this... ;)

attachment.php

As you can see the cab is gone. Im thinking of something like Vonski's rig. There is a guy out here who will sell me a new frame (84) with a cab hood and fenders for cheap and then i can swap everything over.

O ya will everything from a 88 toy swap over to a 84 ? Minus the front IFS but i want a solid one anyway.

Vonski do you have more pics of your rig ?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
JeepTJ38 said:
As you can see the cab is gone. Im thinking of something like Vonski's rig. There is a guy out here who will sell me a new frame (84) with a cab hood and fenders for cheap and then i can swap everything over.

O ya will everything from a 88 toy swap over to a 84 ? Minus the front IFS but i want a solid one anyway.

Vonski do you have more pics of your rig ?

HOLY CRAP!!! I just went back up and checked out the pics. NASTY!!!

yeah, everything should swap into the '84 just fine. You will need the computer from the '88, 'cause it's EFI.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Supergper said:
If it were me I would be checking that frame for staightness and cracks...that thing is looking nasty:eek:

I'm pretty confident it's bent on the passenger side. Look at the gaps between the bed, cab, and fender..............Not too bad, but definitely something going on there. The body could have deformed a little, but I'd bet on the frame. For a trail rig, I wouldn't worry too much about the frame slightly bent. If it's weakened, that's another thing altogether.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
JeepTJ38 said:
There is a guy out here who will sell me a new frame (84) with a cab hood and fenders for cheap and then i can swap everything over.

frame shouldn't be an issue...;) ;)