what to do with used tires??

i have a lot of tires at my dads house i need to get rid of.. they are all old and not worth anything... is there a place i could take them that would either recycle them or dispose of them?? (no i don't wanna take them to a tire shop in the middle of the night to ditch them) cause that is not right.. i don't think they should have to take in tires they didn't even dismount. i don't have much money to pay a shop to take them off my hands either.. a few of these tires i have brought back with me off the trail that someone left out there to get rid of them i figured then i could get rid of them but the other forums i posted on they only suggest ditching them somewhere and letting someone else deal with it.. but i am not going to do that.
i figured with all the things they recycle tires into i could find someone that would take them from me.

STAG

On my grind
I know TDS in Provo (approx 450 W and 300 S) takes care of used tires for I THINK one dollar per tire. ? but I would call them first cuz it might be anywhere from $1 to $5 per tire...

Venture13

Pretty sad, you have to pay for someone to take your tires. $2 bucks at the davis landfill per tire. Adds up real quick.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
It is cool that you are trying to dispose of them properly.

Maybe find someone that uses them for the garden for tomato plants? I have gotten a few out of my yard that way.

The dump here will take them for free with a truck load of other stuff if you have cut them up with your sawzall. They are a super huge pain to cut up though.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
My understanding is that every new tire sold has a tire disposal fee tied to it... you've (or whoever bought the tires new) already paid the fee to have them disposed.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I helped a guy get rid of probably 30 tires. I called les shwab and they were willing to take them all for no charge. Since then I think I have purchased 3 sets of tires from them.

Caleb

My understanding is that every new tire sold has a tire disposal fee tied to it... you've (or whoever bought the tires new) already paid the fee to have them disposed.

That was my understanding as well. I know when I've bought tires in the past, even if I was keeping my old ones, they charge me the disposal fee.