What to look for in an FJ???

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
bobdog said:
I have never been inside a chevy 6 but if it is anything like a ford or a AMC I6 it has 7 main bearings. I am pretty sure the 2F is missing a few(they have 4 don't they? Pretty big deal if you ask me.

Doesn't sound like there's much diffrence to me...

Gas Land Cruiser engines are manufactured by Toyota. The F and 2F engines were also used in Toyota Forlifts. The F engine is supposed to be based on the Chevy 225 I-6 "Cast Iron Wonder" and some of the bottom end of the engine is rumored to be interchangeable

http://www.off-road.com/tlc/faq/engine.html

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
225 went out of production when? It was replaced with 7 bearing engines I beleive. Maybe it is just me but I would rather have 7. It is a big diference I think.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
bobdog said:
225 went out of production when? It was replaced with 7 bearing engines I beleive. Maybe it is just me but I would rather have 7. It is a big diference I think.

Both engines are from the same era. That's fine though, have whatever you want. I'm not trying to sell you on the engine. The point was that the 2 engines are nearly identical. Toyota just refined the design.

dabruin15

Dabruin15
kind of fun listening to everyone. Hey man, I think the big thing is if the thing runs well. 1- you'll have a cruiser and 2- make the upgrades that you want. Every engine and part out there has its ups and downs. I hope you buy it personally. It sounds like you will make a nice cruiser nicer. I am interested on how you are going to build your own harness. How does one do that?

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
dabruin15 said:
kind of fun listening to everyone. Hey man, I think the big thing is if the thing runs well. 1- you'll have a cruiser and 2- make the upgrades that you want. Every engine and part out there has its ups and downs. I hope you buy it personally. It sounds like you will make a nice cruiser nicer. I am interested on how you are going to build your own harness. How does one do that?

Oh yeah, I guess I never posted....I bought it. I'll be picking it up this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. As far as building a custom harness, there are a few ways:

-probably the easiest is to modify a stock harness, take the harness and remove the plastic loom, cut out all unneeded circuits, reattach new loom, done.

-As I prefer, buy the needed hardshells (TPS, CTS, KS, ECM, etc.) and pin out each connector, route wire to needed location (wherever ecm is mounted) and cover with either loom or TechFlex.