What to see in Washinton DC?

Paudrhound

just a side note if you are driving, be very aware of the spokes that you must take to get in and out of areas. When we went there, we got stuck on one for quite some time.
But you are right you could spend a year there.
my fav. was Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Paudrhound said:
just a side note if you are driving, be very aware of the spokes that you must take to get in and out of areas. When we went there, we got stuck on one for quite some time.
But you are right you could spend a year there.
my fav. was Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
We probably won't do much/any driving. My mom does have a car there, but it sounds like the metro goes pretty much everywhere.

RockMonkey said:
Got back last night. Great trip. I'd recommend anyone who has the slightest interest in American history to go spend a few days there. We saw everything on my list and actually quite a bit more. Keslerjr, I didn't even remember that you suggested Old Ebbot's, but we ended up there one night anyway. You're right, it is good, and 1600 Pennsylvania Ave is right on the way between there and the Metro. Pretty cool sight. The best thing in the American History museum is this: :greg:
QUOTE]

Hey, I'm leaving to go there Saturday for a week. Nice thread I'll just follow up on all this. How was the weather there?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
crimsonride said:
Hey, I'm leaving to go there Saturday for a week. Nice thread I'll just follow up on all this. How was the weather there?
The weather was mostly in the high 60s and lower 70s. Sunny most of the time. Have you been there before? Where are you staying? What's on your list to see?