Votes: 4 9.5%
  • After midnight

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I didnt have one

Votes: 32 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

01XJ

what was your curfew when you were 19? my Gf and i are going to be getting married in a few months she is 19 im a few years older she never had a curfew and it was never a big deal what time she got home.Now just a few days ago she was hit with having a curfew of 11pm now this is odd to me that she is 19 and had to be home at 11 or is it normal everyone i ask or tell says what the hell 11pm are you kidding :rolleyes: :eek: my curfew at 16 was later than 11 so just curious if this is normal and im a idiot for thinking it isnt or is this BS since she is 19 and engaged? please answer poll seriously :D

Cory

Her parents are worried you're going to get busy before the wedding. :rofl:

I didn't have a curfew at 19, but I was away from my parents at school. If I had been home and had a curfew I probably would have been upset, but now that I'm older I have a different view. It is the parents home and they get to set the rules, especially if she is living there for free. If she was paying rent, then it might be a different story.

It mostly just comes down to a matter of respect and courtesy. Live with it until you get married or have your own place.

Last edited:

footin fool

I never had a curfew groing up. The way I see it if she is 19 and old enough to get married she's old enogh to come and go as she pleases.At the same time it is still her parents house, she dose need to be a little considerite to them. Sounds like to me mom and dad are haveing a hard time cutting the apron strings. Just think, shortly soon you will go home together. :D

01XJ

footin fool said:
I never had a curfew groing up. The way I see it if she is 19 and old enough to get married she's old enogh to come and go as she pleases.At the same time it is still her parents house, she dose need to be a little considerite to them. Sounds like to me mom and dad are haveing a hard time cutting the apron strings. Just think, shortly soon you will go home together. :D
the thing that we dont understand is she never had one up till about 3 days ago and she was conciderate she used to call around 9-10 and tell her mom she will be home around this time so dont worry you can go to bed and there was never a problem and then one day they are like we want you home at 11 none of her friends have this curfew crap and like you said she is old enough to get married she is old enough to stay out :mad2:

R

rockdog

She should respect her parents rules if she lives in their house. If you are getting married soon, it's a small price to pay for happy inlaws. ;)

Johnny4X4

when i was 19 i was also in the millitary, in school, my curfew was 9:30. does that suck or what. :mad2: my school was near a college town.

but my daughter-- if get one-- she will be home by 7:00 :-\

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
never had a curfew since i was 16. my parents never had a reason to not trust me.
who cares, you'll be married soon

footin fool

rockdog said:
She should respect her parents rules if she lives in their house. If you are getting married soon, it's a small price to pay for happy inlaws. ;)

Happy inlaws are a must. If you think its ruff now, hait until they are completly unhappy. Curfews will seem like a walk in the park. It wont be much longer. Keep them happy dude, it wil be well worth it. Inlaws can be one of the best things in your life or they can be the worst thing for your marriage. Do waht you can to make them the best. No matter how madd she is right now, down the road she will side with her parents on matters. You do not wont to be there, trust me.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
Did they just find out that you guys were "doing it"? That might be the reason for the curfew. If I have a daughter I will definately have a curfew. Not that I wouldn't trust her but I don't trust the world!

:eek:

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
My curfew at 16 was midnight on weekdays and 2am on weekends. But now I have no curfew. I can and do stay out all night without my mom caring. I'm only 18, so I can't say what it'll be likfe for me in a year, but I'm pretty sure my mom won't set a curfew :)

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
mtmangrizzly said:
the thing that we dont understand is she never had one up till about 3 days ago

Maybe her parents just don't like you!! By imposing a curfew, this is keeping her away from making a mistake at such a young age. Gotta love Utah though, marry em off young!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KENNETH !!

fattodog

PierCed_3 said:
Did they just find out that you guys were "doing it"? That might be the reason for the curfew. If I have a daughter I will definately have a curfew. Not that I wouldn't trust her but I don't trust the world!

:eek:

Screw the curfew!! S&W 357!! this should keep them little bastids away! guess I need to start shopping as we now know it is gonna be a girl! :D

KENNETH !!

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
fattodog said:
Screw the curfew!! S&W 357!! this should keep them little bastids away! guess I need to start shopping as we now know it is gonna be a girl! :D

KENNETH !!

Don't you military guys have M-16's :D

dunatic67

It's all about the HP
footin fool said:
Happy inlaws are a must. If you think its ruff now, hait until they are completly unhappy. Curfews will seem like a walk in the park. It wont be much longer. Keep them happy dude, it wil be well worth it. Inlaws can be one of the best things in your life or they can be the worst thing for your marriage. Do waht you can to make them the best. No matter how madd she is right now, down the road she will side with her parents on matters. You do not wont to be there, trust me.
Amen 100 times over to Footin Fool. I have always been easy going and have a great relationship with my inlaws. I do have an idiot bro-in-law and stand back in amazement at the stupid things he does to wind up my inlaws. And then I watch him reap the rewards of his actions :rolleyes: . Keep them happy and all is well- piss them off and watch your life turn to a living hell. Just because the two of you won't be living under their roof soon doesn't mean that their influence will end.

fattodog

Badcop said:
LMAO - can you see ken with a M-16??

On topic, I cant say I had much of a cerfew when I was 19 I was in Bosnia... :ugh:

Sweet!! I was in Saudi Arabia for Desert Storm. {off topic} I'd rather have a 357, it makes more of a mess. :D KENNETH !!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I had a curfew of like 11 when I first turned 16--that lasted about a month as I kept stretching it till 12-1. By 18 I would routinely leave sometime friday and come home sometime on sunday. Sometimes I would stop home in the middle to eat something ;)

Cody

Rickomatic

Grey is cool!
When I was 19 I was in the middle of the Atlantic, trying to find some sleep on a submarine. (First year on board, a person gets lots of 'training')

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
The night before my ACT's when I was a senior my dad told me that I no loger had a curfew and that I could be home at anytime that I wanted. I went out that night and got home around 2:00am woke up at 6:00am and drove to Glenwood Springs, and scored a 20 on my ACT's......HAHA!!!HELL YEAH!!! :D