What were you doing 9 years ago today?

bull7467

The Yellow Jeep Squad
I dont want to start a political discussion but just like the title says what/where were you nine years ago?

I`ll start it off, I was driving to work when the second plane hit Tower 2. Fresh out of high school and working at a general contractor. Working on a remodal of an old building downtown SLC.

TEAM FRED

Cleaning up from a Shopko remodel working nights. Saw everything unfold on TVs in the store.
Also remember working on the roof days after and how quiet it was with no aircraft flying.

Thursty

I was getting ready to go to school at UVSC and my Dad was getting ready for work. We were both eating breakfast and watching the Today Show. They were talking about what they thought was an airplane that collided with one of the towers. We then witnessed the second plane hit the other tower. We were both in shock and had no idea what to make of it. School was chaotic when I arrived. I went through the day worrying about one friend who was serving a mission in NY and another who was living there. They both were alright. In every class I had that day, we talked about what happened and the potential impact it could have on our future as a nation. 9/11 was always present through out my college experience. Our lives were completely changed after that day.

Chevycrew

I was at work making patterns for the molds at a fiberglass tub and shower place.

We all just stopped and listened to the radio, not much happened at work that day.

Bobzilla

We were working on summer servicing of snowcats at Bombardier in Grand Junction Colorado when we heard what had happened on the radio & web.

Our boss called all our offices afterward and directed all managers to inform all our workers & staff to go home & be with thier families.

It was extremely sad & gut wrenching and one of the worst days I will remember in my life, terrible, it seemed unreal.

EROK81?

Sell out
Was asleep. My mom came rushing in telling me to turn on the tv. Moments later I saw the second plane hit the tower. Watched for a bit, got up and went to work.

What was usually a very busy 4wd store where I worked didn't get one call or customer all day. It was a very strange day with how quiet it was - almost like Moab the monday after the jeep safari ends. ;)

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
In class at Snow college, my professor came in and said a plane just smacked into a building in New York, I got home in time to watch the second plane hit.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I remember walking downstairs. I my sister was over at the house. She and my mom were watching TV. Then I saw a replay. I finished getting ready for work.

I just remember how scared I felt driving to work.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Pulled into the parking lot at Micron and just before I switched off the car they said there were reports of a plane crashing in New York. Later on they set up a TV in one of the conference rooms and everyone pretty much watched the news the rest of the day.

Coco

I had just started my 6th grade year of school. I was upstairs getting ready for school, and I heard my dad yell what the hell?! We ran downstairs where he was working out and watching tv to see the second plane hit. We didn't get to watch much more since we had to go to school. We got to school, and it was on tv and we watched it most the day. It wasn't a very productive day, and I remember just not feeling well the whole day.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
i was in Jr high when it happened, much work did not get done that day..... Im currently training to be a firefighter and hope to be half as brave as the 343 that died that day

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Junior in HS.. Didn't hear anything about it until I picked up a neighbor kid who mentioned something about a plane hitting a building.. He didn't know much more than that, not even the location.

Seminary was the first class I had, and all the tv's were tuned onto the events. Everyone was quiet and somber.. The whole day. I got particularly concerned when the plane went into the Pentagon, as my grandparents were serving an LDS mission as ambassedors to the US government for LDS Church Welfare and Humanitarian Aid. They were in the Pentagon at any given time, but luckily this day they were put of town for some reason.

Every class that day was watching the news. Same with the day of 'Shock and Awe'..

ricsrx

I was working in a strip mall remodeling the electrical, we started a 7 am and there was no power in the building, my boss called me after the fact of some of the planes crashing, he told me of the 3 planes and stated that the United states was under attack, And the pentagon was also hit, he was some one who had some very good military connections, He had the same urgency and demeanor of what it must have felt like during the Pearl Harbor attack. We ran across the street to a hotel and the lobby was packed with people watching reruns of the towers falling.
I called him back on the phone and he starts telling me of the military contingency plans on this sort of thing, It scared the crap out of me. We all went home and spent the rest of the day watching tv...

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I was a junior in high school and even though I was so far away I felt like the world stopped turning that day.

My wife's family's best friends (husband and wife) were in the top of the second tower when it fell :( I set this day aside every year to be with my family and be extra thankful that I'm here with them.

jdub

Scrambler
On my religious excursion to Costa Rica. Neighbors pounded on our door. "Estan atacando ustedes, Los Estados Unidos!" We had to stay put for a while. Being in a foreign country I felt very isolated. We watched looped video, what little that the tv stations could get their hands on. Watching documentaries of the event now makes me sick. I had no way to fully grasp what actually happened from so far away.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I was on my way to work, the CD I was playing ended, and I switched to the radio... Just in time to hear the first tower fall... I had been retired from the Navy a month and a half. I got to work and the TVs in the lobby were showing the whole thing, over and over. None of us talked, most of us were prior military and we all knew what we were thinking...

SubLime Time

A Study in Black & Green
I got to work right after the first tower was hit. We listened on the radio until someone got a TV working then we all just watched. Not much work got done that day. We all went home early. I remember making everyone in my house come home that night so I could see and hug them all. It made me cry again today when I saw the names of the dead being read.

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
That morning about 2:30am, I had just got home from a laser tag tournament in Colorado Springs. I had gone to bed only to be woken up by my grandpa. I watched the 2nd plane hit. The news was unclear about what was happening. I decided to try to go back to sleep, but I just couldn't. i turned back on my tv just before the first tower fell. The thought of something so massive in size being destroyed, the amount of lives being lost at that moment in time was indescribable. I sat there all day watching Peter Jennings talk of new information. That evening i went to the fair with a friend. All I could do is watch a tv someone had tuned into the news. Everyone seem so quiet. Just watching.

The few moments when America stood together as Congress sings "God Bless America"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izb459vJ-8Q

rambrush

I was at work when it all began. we all stopped and gathered around the radio to listen. Called the wife and woke her up so she could watch it.