What will you change after Covid?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I'll admit it's very convenient being bald and shaving my own head. that being said my wife is also a licensed cosmetologist so even when I had hair I never paid for a haircut. thank goodness she cuts the kids' hair so her talents are not wasted.

Troop92

We've been fortunate to not have income impacted during all of this, but even the thought of losing my income again (did about 4 years ago for 5 months) has me wanting to extend savings to 8 months liquid, minimum. And not just bare-bones savings but the kind of savings where you don't have to change anything if you don't want to and still be okay for that long. We have about 4 months in savings now, time to amend the budget again.

I do agree with @Tonkaman, we spend way too much on things that we don't need. Trimming down has been eye-opening.

Additionally, I always thought we had a rocking food storage system. Come to find out that I don't like eating healthy all the time. I'll be rotating in more of the things we snack on and like for "dessert" too.

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Additionally, I always thought we had a rocking food storage system. Come to find out that I don't like eating healthy all the time. I'll be rotating in more of the things we snack on and like for "dessert" too.

Living for a week or so after Katrina really taught me first hand about food storage. I always thought grandma's version of storage was the way to do it. Grains, flour, sugars, cans of corn, cans of pees, other ingredients, ect. I learned that regular food is much more important, and having a way to cook it is even more important. I can't tell you the number of cans of corn I ate, and how many unheated cans of beef stew. :puke:.