What's everybody's rigs look like nowadays????

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by Vonski
Here's the current trail/comp. rig. After this weekend, we're calling it "Bashy The Truck". It took a little hell. :D

I see a licence plate on the back of that rig:eek:

How do you get it to pass inspection:confused:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by Shawn

I see a licence plate on the back of that rig:eek:

How do you get it to pass inspection:confused:

I planned all of this out from the beginning: Doors and mudflaps were designed for quick and easy removal/install. Lift height is just under the legal limit. My on-road tires are 35" A/T's on 8" wide rims with alot of backspacing. The bed was removed in April, so I still need to make removable rear wheel coverings (similar to a trailer, but ones that will actually look decent). I also have ram assist steering, which is legal. Full hydro, as you're probably aware, is not. I know Greg has been ticketed for bumper height, but thats not very common. I'll deal with that if its ever an issue. My solution would no doubt be removable. :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Payolla if he places in the competitions. BFG pays decent money if you place. Nobody else does (at least as far as I know)

BTW Vonski: How do you like the BFG MT/KM's ? I'm kind of an MT/R freak, but just curious about the new BFG (I need new 35" tires PDQ). Do you have any experience with the MT/R or SSR to be able to compare for us?

Last edited:

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Originally posted by mbryson
Payolla if he places in the competitions. BFG pays decent money if you place. Nobody else does (at least as far as I know)

BTW Vonski: How do you like the BFG MT/KM's ? I'm kind of an MT/R freak, but just curious about the new BFG (I need new 35" tires PDQ). Do you have any experience with the MT/R or SSR to be able to compare for us?

I was worried about the KM's from the start, mostly because of sidewall strength. I figured we could get used to a soft-ish radial by trying out different pressures on the different obstacles (wrong!). They seem to be quick to wrap up and release, losing traction. They don't seem to like to sidehill without slipping. Also, to keep the rig stable, I have always liked a tire wider than a 12.5. I have never run the MT/R or an SSR (or TSL radial), so I have nothing to go on. I tried be open minded and give the BFG's a chance. By the end of the weekend, I can honestly say that I don't care for them as a competition tire used on my particular rig. This doesn't mean they couldn't rule on someone elses. However, I will run them again at the Supercrawl in Farmington simply because my 35" SX's were too worn (and I sold them anyway), and I'll run them on a rim with less backspacing for a bit more width. On the trail, I'll run my 38.5 x 14.5 SX's. Now those are great tires!

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by harkinoff
here it is, minus the rest of it. no this isn't it, just my new tub, soon to be the scout:D

You should paint that thing now. That looks like a pretty good one. Do you scratch yours up a little or do you keep it pretty shiny?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Originally posted by chint77
I just thought it would be funny to post a pic of a blazer with tank tracks.

that sentence is funnier than the picture--but the picture is still pretty funny