Whats it worth, and is there an interest?

Tee

Tanned Fat Looks Better!
A scenario has presented itself to me that I would like to guage what the interest might be.

I want to upgrade my wrangler, my daughter wants it. She would need to unload her current ride.

Her current ride is:

1990 Diahatsu Rocky. All stock, 3000 on new tires, new battery last Feb, New alternator 2 weeks ago (I put it in Xmas weekend) 140K miles, but the majority of them racked up being pulled behind my parents motorhome. Rear bumper has a dent, other than that this thing is super clean..

So my question is:

Whats it worth?

Anybody looking for something like this?

T

mmurry

there arent even any diahatsu's for sale on all of ksl... one on ebay but it is a truck... seems like a pretty uncommon rig.... hard to get an idea of value when there arent any comparable rigs for sale...
kinda looks like a geo?? tracker? I am in the market for a car for my kid... been watching for a great deal on jeep... would probably be afraid to buy a Diahatsu for fear of not being able to get parts??

Tee

Tanned Fat Looks Better!
there arent even any diahatsu's for sale on all of ksl... one on ebay but it is a truck... seems like a pretty uncommon rig.... hard to get an idea of value when there arent any comparable rigs for sale...
Thats why I came here looking for possible value? NADA doesn't even list it??
kinda looks like a geo?? tracker? I am in the market for a car for my kid... been watching for a great deal on jeep... would probably be afraid to buy a Diahatsu for fear of not being able to get parts??
I've been able to find common stuff like radiator, starter, alternator but you have to order it. Took just over a week to get the alternator here. But Autozone was able to get me one. Radiator my dad ordered for it 3 or so years ago was able to get, just took 3 weeks to get it. I think it came over from Japan LOL

Considering just trading my daughter my Wrangler and building a buggy out of this thing. Doesn't leak a drop of oil, has a dual overhead cam Hemi style 1.6L motor that absolutely HATES gas. 10 Gal will go 300+ miles of city type driving. And has 150+psi compression in all four cylinders.

Tee

Tanned Fat Looks Better!
Thanks everyone, It appears the ride is only worth a few hundred dollars. So we have decided to keep it in the family. Been there for 20+ years already!! Might turn it into a buggy, might just be a fair first car for nieces and nephews getting licenses in the comming years. Daughter will still get my Wrangler SE, as soon as I find the Rubicon that I want.

T

RNandKT

If the Chick Digs it ....
These are pretty cool rigs, but they are not worth much. When they do come up for sale they rarely make it over $1500 in price. But a good rig and will run a long time when taken care of. They are a torsion suspension, and have weak drivetrains, very light duty (even by samurai standards) so not really a great rig to buggy out. But will probably get close to double the MPG that wrangler. I have seen several come up for sale with 250K+ miles still running. Parts are very hard to come by on them though. Diahatsu stopped importing into the US in the 90's and the Rocky was only imported for like 3 years.

Personally I wouldn't do anything to it. Just use it as your MPG vehical and run it till it dies. Great to have something cheap to drive when your Jeep "needs work" just sayin.