Whats my 97 TJ worth?

chadh

I am just thinking of listing my 1997 Jeep Wrangler. It has 80,000 miles on it, I have put a Skyjacker 6 inch long arm rock ready lift under it, Currie high pinion 9 inch axles front and rear with 4.56 gears and Detroit lockers. It has a new Warn 8000 winch never used, custom front and rear bumpers, custom rock sliders, Currie anti rock sway bar, just put new carpet, neop seat covers, husky liners, and has a great sound system. It is a manual and the only thing I can think of that I have not done to it is it still has the stock transfer case, with the slip yoke elim kit on it. It has 35 inch MTRs with some 15 inch aftermartet ultra wheels that are scared up from rocks. I am just wondering what something like this might be worth??? It is in good shape, but has been wheeled. Thanks for any info any of you may have. Chad btw it has a soft top with the fiberglass upper doors.

Last edited:

chadh

It is in So Utah, but I can ship in within 500 miles for fairly cheap. I guess from the compairables that I have seen, not a ton of people have switched out axles and done the upgrades that I have done. So I figured with as many people with modified jeeps that are knowledgable on this site, it would be a smart place to start so I am being fair with the person that may want it. I was just looking for a ballpark. Thanks for the input though. Chad

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
It is in So Utah, but I can ship in within 500 miles for fairly cheap. I guess from the compairables that I have seen, not a ton of people have switched out axles and done the upgrades that I have done. So I figured with as many people with modified jeeps that are knowledgable on this site, it would be a smart place to start so I am being fair with the person that may want it. I was just looking for a ballpark. Thanks for the input though. Chad

Say $12k. The axles cost money. Pics might help judge relative value. ;)

I'd say that's pretty close, IMHO. Pics would help, but if you check out the PBB vehicles for sale, there's some pretty decent rigs on there for $8-10K, which doesn't bode well for those of us that might be put in a position to sell.

The 9" axles are kewl. If it's driveable on the street, I think you'll find more buyers for it. Mine's been for sale for a few weeks and I've been pretty surprised at the responses for it, but everybody wants it to be streetable not just a trailer queen. Mine's sort of driveable, but I'd want to change quite a bit about it to make it a daily driver. I've got mine listed about as low as I'd go and have some fairly serious bites, but no cash in hand.

Here's for hoping I get a job this week and I can pull the ad and keep the Jeep. :D

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Unfortunately jeeps (and most autos) are horrible investments made even worse by the recent decline in auto sales. You may hold out from selling it until next spring.

We seriously thought about selling Jenn's unlimited, but it is cheaper to keep it right now.

hmm at pita "lol"

what does "P.E.T.A." (people eating tasty animals) have to do with eat?
lol j.k. thats no joke i was out on my buddies property in his big Field playing in the mudd and this guy stopped and bitched us out cause we was tearing up the land.. which is on private property and my Buddie is going to make a garden out of it anyways.... i guess pita has the right to tell people what to do with there personal private land!

chadh

Thank you all for your input, I will get it cleaned up and listed shortly. Sounds like my thought as to what I could get are close to everyone elses aside from the $15.00 LMAO Thanks again. Chad