Whats the furthest you've been from home?

Meat_

Banned
yeah, I got it, but I'm telling you "a neat aside".

It has a beautiful sign. Fawker!

:eek: This truly is disturbing.... It bothered me that I could translate from Tacoma to English.... but if you are the only one to get my subtle humor :freak: people (Shawn) might start getting the wrong idea.

92XJeeper

Hmmm.....I never checked which was the fartherest placed I traveled, but here's my list:
South Korea
Japan
England
France
Netherlands
Belguim
Scotland
Wales
Italy
Saudi Arabia
Bahrain

Not so far places include:
Canada (Quebec & Newfoundland)
Alaska

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
Hmmm, never really thought about that too much either, but I got a list too...

I grew up in Kansas, so take that for what its worth, spent 20 years in the Navy (but only 8 years on sea duty!).

Phillippines
South Korea
Hong Kong
Singapore
Japan
Australia (including Tasmania, easily the farthest sount I've ever been)
Saudi Arabia
Bahrain
Oman
Dubai
Italy
Spain
Mexico
California...

On two different ships, made 4 West Pacs (Western Pacific Cruises), plus a trip to the Persian Gulf that turned into a true world cruise, did both the Suez and Panama canals...

Oh, I've eaten my fair share of odd foods, but Balute is strange. Think of a rotted fertilized egg. Smells REALLY bad, but is a delicacy. I ate one, but was really trashed when I did.

Hey, Have a couple San Miguels for me... I miss San Migoos...

This isn't about how far I've been from home, it's just a random story. 2 years ago my little brother and his best friend loaded up a 1984 Subaru wagon with their surf boards and drove from Pagosa Springs, Colorado all the way down to Panama. And they made it back home in one piece!

jdub

Scrambler
That sounds like a trip! I don't think I'd enjoy parts of Central America for driving through eg. Guatemala, Nicaragua. I met some Mid-life-crisis'd gringo from California who drove his H1 to Alaska then wanted to make his way all the way down to the southern tip pf Chile. We met in Costa Rica, so he was well under way. Talk about long road trip!

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
Balute frightens me. the other thing that scares me are theses chineese pickled eggs. They are black, and supposedly pickled in lye. I saw a guy eat on last night... what the hell would you put that in your mouth for?

mowlasley

chineese pickled eggs. They are black, and supposedly pickled in lye. I saw a guy eat on last night... what the hell would you put that in your mouth for?

Been there, done that. Literally tastes and feels like urine flavored jello jigglers in your mouth.