What's the worst damage you done to yourself...

O'neal

?????????
while working on your vehicle....I Was finishing up the mod's on my rear wheelwell's yesterday afternoon when my grinder bit me....sob got me good too,right across the top of my left hand.
It was wierd watching it happen,I just stood there for a moment,looked at the valley across my hand,then it started bleeding,bad I might add,my whole hand was a bloody mess,I left a trail from the garage to the backdoor of the house Where I had to hold my hand out side while yelling in to the house three time's at my wife to get me a towel before she came to the door.She said what did you do,I said I didn't do nothin that damn grinder did,She called me a dumba$$ :rofl:
So I spent two hour's in IC getting all the metal and fiber's out of my flesh,four stiches and a tetnis shot,Talk about a good time.
I was almost done,just needed to trim a bit more and wasn't about to walk around the runner to get them.
Now I'm out to do the front fender's,finish the exhaust and start puttin in the 91 runner rearend in and Yes i'm wearing my glove's the whole time.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I did about the same thing to my thumb with a brick saw...funny thing is that is spins so fast and is a grinding type blade that is just cauterized the gouge that was about 3/32 deep and about 3/4 across the back of my thumb. Then later that year I chopped off the end of my thumb while working on a buddy's motorcycle...now I am a about 3/4 short on my left thumb but the plastic surgeon did such a good job that you cant tell unless I point it out to you.

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
i've got a big ole scar on my left hand between my index and middle finger that was about 5 inch's long and 1 wide when it happened. worse part is when mine happened it kicked out of a notch i was cutting with a cutting wheel skimmed the top of my hand and right into my crotch, thank god i wasn't grinding in the nude again. :ugh: you should have a perty gnarly scar \m/

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I had a control arm fall on my head reopening an old scar that took 7 stitches to close in teh first place. i've been pretty lucky other than that.

Cody

RKCRWLR

Cut-off wheel shattered about 60 seconds after my wife was trying to enforce the safety glasses rule (too busy to go find 'em). First Doc spent nearly an hour trying to dig the chip out of my eye. Too embedded so it was off to the eye surgeon in another hospital. He put my head in a vice and dug around for another 30 mins until he finally cut the cornea and retreived the chip. Another 10 mins of literally rotary burr grinding of the cornea to smooth things out. I was healed two weeks later. Still hearing it from the wife 8 years later. Not sure which is worse. But grinding on your eyeball while your wide awake with the Doc saying you could lose your eye if you move is not a lot of fun. Neither is hearing the wife over and over again...

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
I burned myself on my muffler once.... still have a scar on my arm. that's about it from workin on the jeep. I've got a lot of welding scars, though.

rrefx

I was lifting the rover a few years back, it was late on a Sunday, the auto supply shops were closed, I had forgotten to rent a spring compresser, and I didn't want to wait till I could get one to do the job. I figured if I just dropped the axel far enough, and used a wide reach vice grip to compress it a bit, I could squeeze it in there. Well, almost had the last one in, worked fine on the first three, and the spring popped out, catching the uderside of my right wrist. 9 stitches across my wrist, in a very suspicious place. There was also a fair amount of blood, and when my brother saw... he nearly fainted, that part was kinda cool. Had to convince the doctor it wasn't self inflicted. Worse part is two days later, I had a meeting with a film that wanted to use me, and no-one wants to hire a pyrotecnition with a bandage that says, potentially unstable, (insert puns for owning a rover here). Luckily I gained thier trust. I still have a nice scar across my wrist. When I went with a bigger lift, you can bet, I got the proper tool for the job.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
While taking off a driveline I had my finger inside the u-joint (not sure why) when the driveline slipped. It acted like a giant nut cracker to my finger tip. Lucky I did not hurt the joint, just turned the top of my finger into powdered bone. Just over a year now, and it is feeling much better.

rjmax

The other Paco
rusted said:
While taking off a driveline I had my finger inside the u-joint (not sure why) when the driveline slipped. It acted like a giant nut cracker to my finger tip. Lucky I did not hurt the joint, just turned the top of my finger into powdered bone. Just over a year now, and it is feeling much better.

I witnessed that one :sick: . We still talk about it every time we get together.

I burried a utility knife blade in my leg. It was something like 26 stitches to get er' closed up. Any deeper and it would have gotten the muscle and I would have had to have surgery. Lucky me!

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
i have never done anything bad enough to see a doctor about. but every time we work on anything with my dad, he ends up in the ER. broken bones in his hand and wrist, demolished firger tips, chunks of flesh ripped out, etc,etc....

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
besides the normal knuckle busting, i had a heavy ass leafspring fall on my leg and the shim put a hole in my shin. they couldn't stitch it cause it was a hole!
i also had welding burns in my eyes and had to go to the hospital... it burns!
other than that, i burn my leg on my motorcycle exhaust at least 2 times a year.

natius

Kill cookies! Make'm pay
Forks are for food fool!

I put a fork through my finger. Not all four pokers, just the one on the end. Went in one side, grazed the bone, and came poking out the other end. I should have put a stud in it and maybe someone would have thought I was cool for having a pierced index finger. Should I have gotten a tetnis shot for that? Why does my Jaw hurt?

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
Worst thing I've ever done .... broke my wrist while lifting beer ... even says it exactly like that in my medical record :rofl:

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
the absolute worst thing that's happened to me while working on someting is a Dropped an IH392 on my head and right shoulder pinning me to the ground.... I was psuedo chuckling and telling my buddy to get the f'in engine off of me lol :rofl: :rofl: i didn't get hurt at all though..

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
natius said:
I put a fork through my finger. Not all four pokers, just the one on the end. Went in one side, grazed the bone, and came poking out the other end. I should have put a stud in it and maybe someone would have thought I was cool for having a pierced index finger. Should I have gotten a tetnis shot for that? Why does my Jaw hurt?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I can see a new fad starting.... ooooh boy. :rolleyes: