What's this worth? How to sell it?

ID Bronco

I am looking for the knowledge of all of you gearheads. Many of you know the value of this much better than I do. I wrote this ad in anticipation of posting it, but just don't know what to ask.

Better as a project or just skip that and part it all out?

Any thoughts you all have would be appreciated.

It is/will be for sale if you are interested. Thanks.

1997 Titled Chevy Blazer (much of a 2020 was used on this build)

It is a project, not complete yet. It will need to be trailered.
I bought this project from an acquaintance who was building it to run the Everyman Challenge 4600 Class at KOH.
He ran out of money and ambition so I bought it and am selling the rig and or parts from it. I'd like to sell it complete if possible.

I know a lot about it but not everything since I have not been the one building it. Here is what I know, have been told.
It's a very cool project, finish it or use everything to build your own awesome rig.

Engine - 4.3 litre Vortec - This has been rebuilt and has been started but no miles on it since rebuild. It should be a screamer in this light rig.
Some modifications - New timing set
New push rods
Competition Cams 875-12 56-430-8 280 Intake .525 valve lift
Heads have Comp Cams double spring upgrade
New intake valve
Harland Sharp Custom full, self adjusting rocker rollers
ARP studs 135-7201
PCM was worked on by PowerLabs in Shelley ID and tuned up really well.
Cod air intake (to make room for the PSC reservoir)

Transmission - 2001 4L60 Automatic

Transfer Case - NP233 with slip yoke eliminator kit installed

Rear driveline included (from NP233 to 14 bolt)

Rear Axle - 14 Bolt Chevy with disc brakes, stock shafts, full spool, Ballistic Fab Shave kit installed, new 5.38 gears from East Coast Gear, full rebuild kit.

Front Axle - GM 2500 9.25 ifs front diff with new 5.38 gears, a Powertrax Lock Rite locker, H2 AWD one piece shaft 33 spline.
New extended axles/joints/boots for GM 2500.
Ballistic Fab pinion yoke protection (shovel) and 1410 pinion yoke.

Rear Suspension - 63" New Chevy leaves, new shackles and bushings.
Traction bar
Adjustable shock hoops with larger holes for coilovers. (coilovers already sold)
Room for Anti-rock but it is sold too.

Front Suspension - Custom long arm IFS, extended A arms, Maxx Suspension adjustable torsion keys and set up for 10" coilovers. (coilovers sold)
Ballisitic Fab Uniballs drilled out to 1" hardware.
Fabtech cradle, Shock mounts.
Front steering uses BEEFY DOM tubing for strength, same design as Cognito uses but much larger and heavier wall tube and heims.

Steering - Full PSC kit for hydro assist including: Power steering pump, reservoir, orbital, PSC power steering pump (ported), PSC Ram 6 3/4 stroke, fluid cooler.
The system is installed but has not been used yet, it's all brand new.

Larger brake booster has been installed.

Custom rear bumper

The body is pretty straight, not a lot of damage. 2000 front grill.

The bad:

Body is stripped except dash, steering wheel, shifter, seatbelts. No glass.
It needs brake lines throughout.

The starter solenoid is acting up.

I have other parts that could be included in the sale for extra cash. Fuel Cell with fuel pump, filler neck, ect. Wheel Spacers to match front and rear track width, window nets, some misc other things.

It needs a lot of little things to make it a runner, or part it out as you see fit. I may end up doing that if it doesn't sell, so shoot me an offer on major components if you're interested in them.

I'm open to serious questions, maybe a trade (maybe) and could deliver it for a fee within 300ish miles of Idaho Falls, ID. I can help load it on your trailer too.

20240115_101154.jpg20240115_101146.jpg20240115_113310.jpg20240115_101211.jpg20240115_101137.jpg20240115_103202.jpg20240115_095901.jpg20240115_095848.jpg20240115_095741.jpg20240115_093137.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
yea sorry I haven't been much help back channel with this thing. Seeing the photos of it as a whole make me think this should sell as a complete project pretty quick, but for how much I have no clue. Pricing on things are so off the wall lately I can't figure out north from south.

Anyways - Bump! Hope somebody can help out

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That is a pretty neat build, the beefed up IFS is impressive. Someone put a lot of effort & money into that front end alone.... and it's too bad, because it would be more valuable as a project (IMO) with a solid axle up front. It reminds me of Walker Evans old S10 rock crawler.

I've parted out a handful of vehicles and in my experience, you don't always get the prices you'd like and sometimes certain parts just don't sell. Plus the effort to tear a vehicle down, deal with all the potential questions, lame buyers, etc. It can be a time-suck on all aspects.

This thing is unique because the parts may be more valuable together.... BUT you'd need to find the right buyer and that won't be easy. Being that it's goal was EMC 4600 Class, I'd suggest trying to sell it as it sits to someone that wants to finish the goal of running KOH. With that event right around the corner, it's going to be on a LOT of peoples minds. I would list it EVERYWHERE and push the idea that it's a KOH 4600 Class project with 80% of the work done. I'm sure you could find a buyer that wants to race 4600 Class and this is a massive step forward for a good price.

With that said, I'll try to break some prices down with what I think their values if you part it out. Used parts prices can vary so much. Some parts would be easy to sell, others not so much. These days people don't want to pay the listed price, everyone thinks they're brilliant negotiators for no reason and because you're selling and they have the cash, you owe them at least 20% off the price for no damn reason.... so take that into account as well.

Engine; $500-1000

Trans; $500-750

T-Case; $100-500 ? (not sure, not familiar with it but the SYE is a nice upgrade)

14 Bolt; $1000 at least

PSC steering; $1500-2000 being unused but installed?

Parting it out, I'd say you have a minimum of $4000. Once the big parts are gone, the rest of it is Nickle & Dime stuff. I don't know if you could find a buyer for all the IFS parts.

I'd write an ad with the value of all the parts for the build that are included (price the parts list high) and then list what's needed to complete the vehicle to race 4600 Class and shoot for $6-8k, start high with room for negotiation. List it right before KOH, post it on here, Pirate, Irate, KSL, Facebook, Craigslist, EBay, etc, etc, etc.

Hopefully that helps? Sorry it took a bit to respond.

ID Bronco

That is a pretty neat build, the beefed up IFS is impressive. Someone put a lot of effort & money into that front end alone.... and it's too bad, because it would be more valuable as a project (IMO) with a solid axle up front. It reminds me of Walker Evans old S10 rock crawler.

I've parted out a handful of vehicles and in my experience, you don't always get the prices you'd like and sometimes certain parts just don't sell. Plus the effort to tear a vehicle down, deal with all the potential questions, lame buyers, etc. It can be a time-suck on all aspects.

This thing is unique because the parts may be more valuable together.... BUT you'd need to find the right buyer and that won't be easy. Being that it's goal was EMC 4600 Class, I'd suggest trying to sell it as it sits to someone that wants to finish the goal of running KOH. With that event right around the corner, it's going to be on a LOT of peoples minds. I would list it EVERYWHERE and push the idea that it's a KOH 4600 Class project with 80% of the work done. I'm sure you could find a buyer that wants to race 4600 Class and this is a massive step forward for a good price.

With that said, I'll try to break some prices down with what I think their values if you part it out. Used parts prices can vary so much. Some parts would be easy to sell, others not so much. These days people don't want to pay the listed price, everyone thinks they're brilliant negotiators for no reason and because you're selling and they have the cash, you owe them at least 20% off the price for no damn reason.... so take that into account as well.

Engine; $500-1000

Trans; $500-750

T-Case; $100-500 ? (not sure, not familiar with it but the SYE is a nice upgrade)

14 Bolt; $1000 at least

PSC steering; $1500-2000 being unused but installed?

Parting it out, I'd say you have a minimum of $4000. Once the big parts are gone, the rest of it is Nickle & Dime stuff. I don't know if you could find a buyer for all the IFS parts.

I'd write an ad with the value of all the parts for the build that are included (price the parts list high) and then list what's needed to complete the vehicle to race 4600 Class and shoot for $6-8k, start high with room for negotiation. List it right before KOH, post it on here, Pirate, Irate, KSL, Facebook, Craigslist, EBay, etc, etc, etc.

Hopefully that helps? Sorry it took a bit to respond.
Thank you, that's great info and I respect your opinion. I'm not looking for top dollar, and I think you are right. I'll add the fuel cell, race nets, drivelines and such with it and list it. Since I'm not on any social media sites it will be a lot harder for me.

IF anyone else has ideas I'd appreciate them. I'd make a heck of an RME deal.