Wheel Studs

JJJZJ

Jager Abuser
I need to get a bunch of wheel studs for my 4runner, the current ones really have it out for me and keep stripping. Is this a dealer only item or could i find them at an autozone or napa?

also is install as simple as pounding out the old and in with the new?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
You might try sucking them through the holes with an impact wrench. But if the holes are wallowed out, you are screwed. If you are already screwed, weld them in place.

JJJZJ

Jager Abuser
k ill look it over, im think there is only one that may need to be welded, the rest are stuck in place, but stripped.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Hickey said:
You might try sucking them through the holes with an impact wrench. But if the holes are wallowed out, you are screwed. If you are already screwed, weld them in place.

Sucking them through with the impact works, but isn't the best way--it can stretch the threads, making the stud easier to break. (it's like pre-wearing-it-out)

If you've got no other way, you gotta do what you gotta do--but a press or even a BFH and a drift are better.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I Lean said:
Sucking them through with the impact works, but isn't the best way--it can stretch the threads, making the stud easier to break. (it's like pre-wearing-it-out)

If you've got no other way, you gotta do what you gotta do--but a press or even a BFH and a drift are better.
I do agree with that, but it is more work for someone who might be uneasy about pullin their shafts.

JJJZJ

Jager Abuser
Hickey said:
I do agree with that, but it is more work for someone who might be uneasy about pullin their shafts.

Aint no thang, im gunna pull em on friday, provided the apartment management doesnt ***** at me