When does AF canyon open?

sixstringsteve

I'm guessing late so when it opens sooner I'll be excited. It was really late last year, and we got tons more snow up there this year. Unfortunately people don't know to stay off wet trails, so they wait 'till they're all dry before opening them up. They'll open the road to Aspen Grove soon, but they won't open the offroad trails 'till they're dry.

Caleb

I'm guessing late so when it opens sooner I'll be excited. It was really late last year, and we got tons more snow up there this year. Unfortunately people don't know to stay off wet trails, so they wait 'till they're all dry before opening them up. They'll open the road to Aspen Grove soon, but they won't open the offroad trails 'till they're dry.

Yep, Alpine loop and the gate above Tibble usually open by Memorial Day weekend. The trails are another story. If you go up there and come across a wet trail, please do the smart thing and turn around, even if that means cutting your day off early. The long term affect isn't worth the one day of wheeling/riding.

jentzschman

Yep, Alpine loop and the gate above Tibble usually open by Memorial Day weekend. The trails are another story. If you go up there and come across a wet trail, please do the smart thing and turn around, even if that means cutting your day off early. The long term affect isn't worth the one day of wheeling/riding.

^ Well said.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
The phone number to the ranger station is posted on the forum in multiple threads, they are the ones who can keep you up to date on openings. There are also a few forum members who live close to there and update the forum on openings as well.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I love the annual flogging of the dude who asks this question. It's become quite the RME family tradition. :)

It really does seem like a family tradition at this point, every year there will always be a noob that wasn't here the year prior to see the annual bashing and ask the inevitable. Luckily our "annual flogging" as you put it is actually quite gentle.