when sh** hits the fan...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have this major oil leak on the front of my 258 I-6 so I'm thinking that the front oil pan gasket is leaking... after taking everything off to get to the oil pan I find that its very much glued on so thats not the problem... so I go to the timing cover and when I get that off and I'm trying to get the gasket scraped off I notice that it has a big crack in it and I can stick a toothpick thru it... so now I'm looking for a new cover... anyone one got one? I need it asap due to Moab is calling my name on the 18th!!!

John

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
When the sh*t hits the fan, the tough head to PickNPull's 50% off sale, and head straight for the nearest clapped-out AMC Eagle, briskly brush aside all the vac lines, whip out 3/8" and 1/2" sockets and go to town on the accessory drives, then rapidly remove the timing cover, dash to the register, sprint to the wife's car, or alternatively "the daily driver", go home, spend 4 hours getting the stub of the bolt you busted off in the block out, button it all up in time to see that yes you were right, there WASN"T enough RTV on that one corner but oh well it's not that big a leak, and then spend 10 minutes tightening the suddenly uncooperative alternator bracket bolt that won't #$!@$~ tighten damnit, miss dinner, stain the door trim with your greasy hand, and miss CSI while you clean up and wonder why oh why haven't you bought a creeper yet damn does my neck ache.

Then you go to Moab and have fun. Come on man, it's like a week away. :D :rofl: :ugh: :eek: ;)

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Tacoma said:
When the sh*t hits the fan, the tough head to PickNPull's 50% off sale, and head straight for the nearest clapped-out AMC Eagle, briskly brush aside all the vac lines, whip out 3/8" and 1/2" sockets and go to town on the accessory drives, then rapidly remove the timing cover, dash to the register, sprint to the wife's car, or alternatively "the daily driver", go home, spend 4 hours getting the stub of the bolt you busted off in the block out, button it all up in time to see that yes you were right, there WASN"T enough RTV on that one corner but oh well it's not that big a leak, and then spend 10 minutes tightening the suddenly uncooperative alternator bracket bolt that won't #$!@$~ tighten damnit, miss dinner, stain the door trim with your greasy hand, and miss CSI while you clean up and wonder why oh why haven't you bought a creeper yet damn does my neck ache.

Then you go to Moab and have fun. Come on man, it's like a week away. :D :rofl: :ugh: :eek: ;)

You have almost hit the troubles that I have been having on the head... also I live in Evanston Wyoming and there is no pickapull here and I work everyday up to the day I leave for Moab so its hard for me to get off work and drive to salt lake before they close.... might just order an over priced one from 4wd hardware and have them ship it to me here... and then hope and pray they deliver in time...

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
woah, Chilliwack!

I work a really jacked up job that gives me basically all winter off. As such, I have time that can be made free, say, to help a fellow Jeeper out.

Tomorrow I am going to Salt Lake. I would be happy as a clam to stop by the yards and get a timing cover. Why, right this second I am aware of 3 258's that are unmolested. Then you could have it shipped up there, and not lose your shirt.

If you're down with that, let me know. I'll put more tools in the truck and get it done.

Give me a call if you get this later: 435-224-2453. There is a yard about 10 minutes away from me, and it's really no problem.