Where can a guy find some gizzards around here?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
When I was but a wee lad growing up in Ohio, there was a local fried chicken restaurant suggestively named The Chick House. My dad introduced me to their fried gizzards, and they were fantastic. Sadly, the place went out of business when I was about 10 years old.

In the 30+ years since, I have occasionally searched for good gizzards. Not only have I generally not found good ones, I typically cannot find any at all. I recently visited the new Popeye's at Thanksgiving Point because I found an online menu which said they had gizzards, but when I arrived the staff told me they don't carry them at this location. :(

Is anybody else on RME a gizzard fan? If so, where can I find some?

20100118-currituck-gizzards1.jpg

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Theres a truck stop in Brigham City, west of the freeway that has them. I haven't tried them, but one of my coworkers from OK gets them all the time and says theyre pretty close to what he grew up eating.

rholbrook

My dad loves gizzards. He would call the KFC in Clearfield a couple days ahead of time and they would cook him some. I can't remember when or if they stopped doing it. May be worth a call to the big KFC on State Street to see if they will do it. Wasn't a menu item of course but they still made them

Coco

My Grandma always needs to stop at the Flying J in Snowville right before the Idaho border on her way back home to get some.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I havent thought about gizzards in a loooong time. A plate of those would be a trip down memory lane for me.

I don't really like them, but...

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Truck stop chicken guts sounds like an instant petition for diarrhea...

Restaurant-prepared chicken guts still sound like a precursor to an upset, but I'd be willing to give those a try.

Troop92

I've had before, and they weren't half bad. It was one of those father/son "hair on chest" adventures. I think I liked it more than dad did! :D