Where/how do you have your CB mounted in your TJ?

DAA

My Cobra 75 seems to have crapped out (lasted 6 years, guess it doesn't owe me anything). So, I need a new CB for the Jeep. The Cobra 75 was alright, worked fine for how I used it, and obviously made for an easy mount. Easiest thing to do would be to just get another one. I'm thinking I might want just a bit more radio this time though, thinking along the lines of a Cobra 25 or Uniden 510. Not sure where I'd want to mount it though.

Where do y'all have your CB's mounted in your TJ's? Pictures would of course be awesome :).

- DAA

DAA

That second one looks like maybe what Grimmjpr was talking about he had in his old-old Jeep. I think I'd rather have it mounted up in the middle like that than on the dash. Thanks for the link!

Side of the console could be good too though. Maybe. I might have to do some cardboard mock-up to make sure I wouldn't be kicking it or whatever.

- DAA

rholbrook

Mine was mounted under the dash between the shifter and steering column. I like the idea of having a cobra 75 style radio so you can mount the radio out of the way

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The new cobra 25 is pretty nice, especially if you have the RX 75 mod installed. Whatever you get, I suggest an external speaker. The sound bar is a good spot for that speaker.

I like the idea of the Cobra 75, but it has too many inferior internals to be a good solid radio.

FYI, a swinging mic cord will eventually break an internal wire near the mic jack. It's one of the more common problems people experience with mobile CB use. I keep my cord secured to avoid damage and to clear up visibility.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just a small bungee does the trick. Has worked for the last 500k miles.

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 26

STAG

On my grind
2012-07-09211324.jpg

cb.jpg

94feb5fc.jpg

2011-12-03234952.jpg

Last edited:

Caleb

It's been years, but I had a small radio and had it mounted in place of the ash tray since I never used it for anything but gathering junk. I used a quick release bracket so I could pull it out of the jeep without unplugging or unscrewing anything. It turned out super clean, but of course, I have no pics.

DAA

Not yet. Need to scrape up some funds. Probably be able to order one next week. As of now, I'm liking the Cobra 25 LX.

I'll wait until I have the radio in hand before deciding on where to mount it.

- DAA

Grimmjpr

Not yet. Need to scrape up some funds. Probably be able to order one next week. As of now, I'm liking the Cobra 25 LX.

I'll wait until I have the radio in hand before deciding on where to mount it.

- DAA

good idea.....always easier to figure out mounting when you have the actual piece. Cool