Where/how do you have your CB mounted in your TJ?

DAA

After putting the hard top on and tuning the antenna, the final numbers ended up between 1.1 on CH1 and 1.4 on CH40. I'm well pleased with that. And it really seems to recieve better than my old radio. Been quite the PITA, but I'm real happy with it now that it's finally done!

- DAA

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I have to wonder if your mount is so solid, that all of the flex is transferred into the stud. You might consider a beefy acorn style stud to spread the load.

DAA

Steve, using the 4 footer and a regular PL connector coax from Flying J. I SWR tested it with the 3' patch cable before final install and it didn't like that, so I drilled a hole in the tub right above the tailight to cut a couple feet off the routing so it would be long enough without the extension. It had a removable end like the Firering, so the hole is small (with a rubber grommet).

I have to wonder if your mount is so solid, that all of the flex is transferred into the stud.

I wouldn't doubt that at all. That mount I made is way stout. I'd almost bet the stud would yield before it would.

- DAA