Where to buy rubber matting?

rrefx

I'de like to remove the rear carpet from the cargo area of the discovery, and replace it with ruber matting. Anyone know where to find it locallly?

Thanks,
Ryan

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
rrefx said:
I'de like to remove the rear carpet from the cargo area of the discovery, and replace it with ruber matting. Anyone know where to find it locallly?

Thanks,
Ryan

Depends on what you want, but there are local suppliers here. I got pond liner for the back of my box van, it was like $70 for about 100sq.ft. You can get those cow mats like you see in ranch trucks.... and just about anything inbetween. I just started calling rubber suppliers, or packing suppliers, and asking for what I needed. Everyone who didnt' have what I needed was very helpful in guiding me to the right spot.

If you're looking for the molded, factory style stuff, JC Whitney has a bunch of those cargo-area drop in deals.

rrefx

The molded stuff only goes to the rear seats, and if I ever fold up the rear seats, which I often do, then I only have half a mat. I would like something thicker, to help keep the sound down, and something that can replace the carpet. My main problem is I've found some thicker rubber diamond plate, but it's only 4' wide, and I need 5'. Thanks for the response, I'll get on the phone.

Ryan

rrefx

Naw, did that to the jeep, and although it worked fine for the jeep, it sure brought in a lot of road noise. I'de like to find something thick enough to keep that out. I drive to LA a lot, and constant road whine would drive me nuts.

rrefx

I ended up getting teh rubber truck bed liner from Cal Ranch, nice and thick, and am cutting it down to size to fit the back of the Rover.

Thanks Guys,
Ryan