where to buy spring perches?

4x4phil

My problem is that i work all week and can only work on my jeep one day on the weekend, so I'd definately need to buy them and modify the pumpkin side for a spring over. I have to have my spring over set up done by the 17th. Herzog, what's RL? Rock Logic? My extra time needs to be spent on making an link for steering. I've read a few really great threads on making those. Shawn, I think it was your thread about using the rear track bar. Correct me if I'm wrong. Can you give me any additional tips. I've had rock logic do some track bar stuff for me before and I was really impressed with their work. I'll check them out tomorrow. Any usefull tips would be nice. Thanks for the response everybody.

1993yj

I did a spring over on my YJ a few years back and got some Warrior perches I believe through 4wheelparts. When I recently put a new axle in the rear I got the new perches from MORE. And I didnt have to make any special link for my steering. I am still running the stock setup. I also dont run trac bars though. And at some point you will also want to address the rear end spring wrap with a ladder bar or something.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Phill,

If I have some 2 1/2" square I would make them for you. I like to build my own because they can be made much stronger than those that you can buy. If you are going SOA, you will need to run a traction bar in the rear and I always tell people to run them in the frount too.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
ps,

look on ebay. There is a guy on there that makes the same kind I do for like $25.00 for the pair. Look for ones that are about 7" long.

4x4phil

I wish I had the fabricating equipment some of you have. Shawn I saw those perches on e-bay a couple days ago. Unfortunately he can't ship them to me by next weekend. That's the only time I have to put it all together. They were definately cool though. The three centerpin settings was a nice touch. Thanks for offering to help me cut some out. The Mopar ones are 2.5 x 6". I'm gonna go with them. They did cost me a little bit more than the summit ones though. About $3 difference. I really hope my stock steering will clear. That'd save me some time for sure. Thanks everybody for your input.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
James K said:
you can get perchs at 6 states.

what are antiwrap perches?

They are ~3 inches longer than stock perches. They are supposed to reduce wheel hop and "S" wrap on your springs. Obviously a traction bar would be best but this will work well for now.

Beware of the perches with the larger center hole Phil, they put your alignment all out of whack. I have them on the rear of mine and they suck.

anvil

PierCed_3, did you actually use perches with a sloppy fit between the pin and centering hole? That is a really bad idea. The Mopar perches can be made to work. Like I said earlier weld up the hole and redrill it. You could also make a bushing to take out the slop.

If your springs go into negative arch then long perches might not be a good idea either.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I did use the mopar ones and yes they have some slop to them but they are alright for now. I am going to put a small peice of pipe in the hole so that it will make it a perfect fit or like you said I will weld up the hole or figure it out. I know it's a bad idea to use them but the shop that sold them to me said they use them on YJ's all the time and never have a problem. I see the problem with it so I will remedy it.

chadr

Perches

One place that I have looked for quite a bit of stuff is www.foothilloffroad.com

It has a downloadable catalog that has nearly everything that you could ever imagine in it. It even has generic 3 and 4 link suspension setups if you wanted to try to fab your own.

Just my 2 cents:D