Where to buy tubing in Layton/Ogden?

fordy4

I have been calling around and all I can find is pipe. Does anyone know where I can get some 2" OD with a .120 wall in the Layton/Ogden area?

fullsizeyota

I fart sometimes
i dont think there are any places around ogden/layton......... if you find one, post it up.......i know you can buy hrew and maybe dom at metal mart in lehi but thats a road trip from our neck of the woods...........or rock logic (3300 S.)

ps you live by my shop and your rig is pretty damn cool.........

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Naw, there's a place on 1900w that sells that stuff. It's north of the 2550n and on the west side of the road. It starts with an H. It just completely slipped my mind.....I might think of it in a minute, or not.

R

rockdog

ZUKEYPR said:
Marmon Keystone Corp - 1230 S. Swaner Rd. SLC 973-2700
2'x .120 costs $3.40 a foot comes in 18 foot lengths & a minimum purchase of $100
1.5" x .120 costs $2.60 a foot. same length, same min purchase.
Zuke, are you sure about those prices? About three months ago they quoted me $3.18 a foot on 1.5". Just wondering if the price has come back down?

R

rockdog

ZUKEYPR said:
Just got off the phone with him prior to sending the response. I wanted to check for myself so I know how much my cage is going to run. PRICEY :eek:
Sure is!!

fordy4

Thanks everyone.
If I find something closer I will post it. I can't recall anything that starts with an H on 1900w. I know there is boman and kemp on 1900 west just north of 2550 south, and I think I saw a metalmart or metals west or something on 2550. Last I checked boman didn't sell it, but I have yet to check the other place.

XJEEPER

MetalSupermarket may be an option.....in SLC approx 1800S just west of I-15. They will cut it to length and have no minimums.....but remember economy is relative to scale.

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
fordy4 said:
Thanks everyone.
If I find something closer I will post it. I can't recall anything that starts with an H on 1900w. I know there is boman and kemp on 1900 west just north of 2550 south, and I think I saw a metalmart or metals west or something on 2550. Last I checked boman didn't sell it, but I have yet to check the other place.

Doesn't Bowman and Kemp start with an "H"? I could have sworn spencurai and I bought some there a while back. Maybe not.

fergusor

XJEEPER said:
MetalSupermarket may be an option.....in SLC approx 1800S just west of I-15. They will cut it to length and have no minimums.....but remember economy is relative to scale.

Ive bought stuff from them when I had to. They will get it from Marmon keystone and then cut it to lenght for you It comes out to be almost same price that you could of bought the lenght straight from the source.

Lv2fish7119

fordy4 said:
I have been calling around and all I can find is pipe. Does anyone know where I can get some 2" OD with a .120 wall in the Layton/Ogden area?
HEY GO TO METAL MART IT'S WORTH THE DRIVE IN LEHI UT 800-497-0249

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
jamesgeologist said:
Doesn't Bowman and Kemp start with an "H"? I could have sworn spencurai and I bought some there a while back. Maybe not.

that was poop pipe we got...it was at the plubing supply....mmmm pooop pipe...yeah!!! :sick:

dugfab

just moved here 5 months ago from san diego prices here are rediculose! I live in roy and so far have found out that boman kemp doesn't sell it ,metal mart gets it from marmon k. and marks it up about $20 a stick and marmons prices are about twice as much as it was back home.So I had it shipped here for about $100 . 1 1/2" .120x20'= $32 1 3/4 .120x20'=$37 its welded seam tube thats babout half the price if you buy enough to offset the price for shipping . I dont understand why it is so much more expensive here but I guess if you need it marmon is the closest cheapest (lol) place around.

53 willys

Bad speller
Lv2fish7119 said:

I have not tried latley but last time I checked metal mart does not sell tubing
(DOM or HERW) I think they suck all the metal they sell is 2nd hand and rusty or bent. I get mine from marmon keystone cheapest I can find, but when you call if you dont order at that time GET A QUOTE # one time I got a quote didnt order called back and they quoted .75 more then last time I called.
(one hour later)

Brady @ metal mart

Come on Brady! If your going to join atleast use yoru real name :)

BTW thanks Brady for hooking me up with the 2" tubing for my sliders and the 1/4" sheet aluminum for my skid plate.

Lv2fish7119 said:

I just bought tubing from metal mart. I called around to marmon keystone and some other places and found metal marts prices much lower. Especially for the sheet aluminum. Plus they are very welcoming to walk ins. marmon wnated me to order a day in advance and was giving me gried about paying cash.

53 willys said:
I have not tried latley but last time I checked metal mart does not sell tubing
(DOM or HERW) I think they suck all the metal they sell is 2nd hand and rusty or bent. I get mine from marmon keystone cheapest I can find, but when you call if you dont order at that time GET A QUOTE # one time I got a quote didnt order called back and they quoted .75 more then last time I called.
(one hour later)

Lv2fish7119

Metal Mart

rockdog said:
Zuke, are you sure about those prices? About three months ago they quoted me $3.18 a foot on 1.5". Just wondering if the price has come back down?

Metal mart is cheeper and ther is no minimum