Where to get angled lift blocks?

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
I found a site a looong time ago that had just lift blocks (not full kits) for a great price but I can't find it anymore. I already have longer ubolts cuz I just put on an add-a-leaf from My4x4Store.com (doesn't seem to carry them anymore for my rig, strange). I am only wanting 1" blocks to get my driveline angled correctly.

Also, my Dodge Ram comes factory with 3" so a 1" would be ok but a 4" angled would be perfect. Putting in an extra inch while I am taking it apart anyway. :) Cheap is good! :D

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
If you're thinking of adding a 1" tapered block to your exsisting 3" block, good luck with safety inspections. Stacking blocks is a no-no..

utahluge

Finally Got My Truck!!
If you're thinking of adding a 1" tapered block to your exsisting 3" block, good luck with safety inspections. Stacking blocks is a no-no..
Lucky for me I am military. :D

http://dmv.utah.gov/registernonresidents.html

So far hitting trails at Ft. Hood, TX kind of sucks. I can't wait till I can get back to Utah!

I wonder if I could get a cheap steel block and take my grinder to it???

Edit: Dang, read it again and still need a safety. Oh well, its not hard to remove the blocks for the inspection and put them back on. :)

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Lucky for me I am military. :D

http://dmv.utah.gov/registernonresidents.html

So far hitting trails at Ft. Hood, TX kind of sucks. I can't wait till I can get back to Utah!

I wonder if I could get a cheap steel block and take my grinder to it???

Edit: Dang, read it again and still need a safety. Oh well, its not hard to remove the blocks for the inspection and put them back on. :)

Even if you didn't have to get it safety inspected, there are damn good reasons not to stack lift blocks... -_-

I don't know that I've ever seen a set of lift blocks that wasn't tapered...? Even the cheapies should fit the bill.

I think I have a set of 4" blocks sitting on my garage shelf that I'd sell for cheap. I know for a fact that they are tapered too.

Lemme know.

-Bryson

ALF

SURE!?
Even if you didn't have to get it safety inspected, there are damn good reasons not to stack lift blocks... -_-

I don't know that I've ever seen a set of lift blocks that wasn't tapered...? Even the cheapies should fit the bill.

I think I have a set of 4" blocks sitting on my garage shelf that I'd sell for cheap. I know for a fact that they are tapered too.

Lemme know.

-Bryson

x2:eek:

Please don't drive on our roads with stacked blocks!! I have a 4" set i ill give you

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Funny thing, most states besides Utah don't have regulations against stacked blocks, so many lift kit manufacturers build the lift so that you do stack blocks on the Super Duties.

We had a problem with having to add more parts to lifts so they meet Utah Safety Requirements. You would be surprised how many people come in our shop with stacked blocks, or the amount that want blocks to lift the front of their rigs.

4Wheelparts stocks 1,2,3,4,5,5.5" tapered and non-tapered, lift blocks.s