Where to get gear install kit - locally?

JF1

I'll be doing a gear swap soon and need to get a mini-install kit but would like to get one locally if possible. I don't need new bearings just the shims, crush sleeve, pinion seal and such and probably some gear marking compound. I know of places online but does anyone know of a place in the Salt Lake area that might stock 'em? Btw, this is for a rear D35.
Many thanks,

Joe F.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
ummm...everyone.....

call andy or eric at the SLC 6-states...they gots the hookup and tell em you are calling from the rockymountain extreme board.

SnwMnkys

I needed one for my EB and went to 4 Wheel parts wholesalers just to see what they ran and i ended up buying the kit because its the cheapest ive seen it, i think it was $69 for mine. Summit racing wants like $85. If you tell them your poor they will knock
%10 off, they did for me :D

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
and they are very personal...if you tell andy and eric you are poor...they will laugh at you....real personal like....then cut you a great deal....you don't get laughed at in a wholesale chain....s-states has customer service...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

Bingo.... buying at 4WPW supports everything I am against... HUGE Street Trucks and zero knowledge... :D

number x-31179567764....your mudflaps are ready for pickup at chrome counter 9....thank you ....come again!!

JF1

I actually tried 4WPW but they could only get me a master kit, I don't need that. I basically just needed a mini kit like the one Randy's Ring & Pinion sells that has everything except the bearings. It only cost about $30 at Six States for what I needed. Thanks for the help!

Joe

H-K

INFIDEL
Supporting Member
Originally posted by cruiseroutfit

Bingo.... buying at 4WPW supports everything I am against... HUGE Street Trucks and zero knowledge... :D

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment, but I have to say that most of my experiences with 4wheelparts have been much more positive than say...Mepco, for example. When I inquire with 4wheelparts about parts availability they always call me back with the info I requested and call me when orders arrive.

As much as I prefer to support independents, 4wheelparts will often way undercut prices from local independent shops (although sometimes it takes a little coaxing). When you fork out for as many Jeep parts as I have this year, it all adds up to a substantial savings. As a result, I still find Mepco useful for certain unique and obscure products, but for competitive, common items I usually end up at 4wheelparts.

Just my $0.02:D

Fuller

Formerly limegrnxj
Originally posted by H-K

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment, but I have to say that most of my experiences with 4wheelparts have been much more positive than say...Mepco, for example. When I inquire with 4wheelparts about parts availability they always call me back with the info I requested and call me when orders arrive.

As much as I prefer to support independents, 4wheelparts will often way undercut prices from local independent shops (although sometimes it takes a little coaxing). When you fork out for as many Jeep parts as I have this year, it all adds up to a substantial savings. As a result, I still find Mepco useful for certain unique and obscure products, but for competitive, common items I usually end up at 4wheelparts.

Just my $0.02:D

i agree with h-k