Where to live in Utah?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Are you LDS? If not your kids are gonna come home saying they are picked on because they aren't.

:rolleyes:And if they are LDS then they will get teased for that... If they dress funny, have an accent, have more money, or less money, don't live in Mapleton, and aren't a cookie cutter image of the next kid they will get teased for that. Kids suck, they tease because they are kids.

Jesser04

:rolleyes:And if they are LDS then they will get teased for that... If they dress funny, have an accent, have more money, or less money, don't live in Mapleton, and aren't a cookie cutter image of the next kid they will get teased for that. Kids suck, they tease because they are kids.
I'm not bagging on the LDS church. I grew up in the church and my whole extend family are active members I'm not. I'm just sharing experiences I had when I was in elementry school and 25 out of 30 kids in a class are LDS.

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I'm not bagging on the LDS church. I grew up in the church and my whole extend family are active members I'm not. I'm just sharing experiences I had when I was in elementry school and 25 out of 30 kids are LDS.

I took your post the wrong way. Where I grew up (in UT), nobody questioned what you did or didn't believe in. It was never asked. It's very weird to hear stories about peoples kids being judged over that.

Hell, over a month ago a company that was pursuing me for a position asked if I were "LDS". I told them I refused to answer that question to which they returned with "it's not illegal for us to ask". Yeah... no thanks.

unionmine

I under stand that kids will be kids no mater ware you go. I'm not LDS nor is my family but I have few of friends that are. They have never had a problem with me not being a member of there religion. They seem to be fairly excepting unlike some other religions. When we go out to Utah to look around we are going to go to lots of different ares and lots of stores to try to get a feel for the ares and the people.

Well it is good that you are renting. That is what we did when we first moved out there. Then we found the places we wanted to look for to buy a house. We had 7 houses on our block and 2 of the houses were non LDS but we all got a long real well. We really only had 1 family on our block that the kids would not be able to come over to play with our daughter. In fact we had one family would come over when we would cook out just to laugh at us when we started drinking. If and when we get to move back we will but it will be in the same town (Tooele).

unionmine

I'm trying to sell the cars that I have left if they don't cell they will come with me
The only datsun that I have left is a 71 510 wagon still fun to drive.
I cant wait to get out there to look around.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I've never been to Mapleton, but I didn't have a valid temple recommend at the time I tried to check it out.. So they didn't allow me access to the area..

There's a 510 enthusiast on here.. He's pretty nerdy, but we keep him around. Mainly for our own enjoyment, but he's not that bad I guess. :)

I've not spent much time down in UT county, but I like what I've seen of Alpine. I have some family there, and I could see myself living in that area.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I should probably mention here that Miller Motorsports has track days on Wednesdays. :D And so far I haven't seen any 510's here. I want an orange one, with the blacked-out hood and the BRE wheels. :D

unionmine

I know Utah is know for hare-core trails. How are the trails around Provo? my wife isn't in to four wheeling so I would like to take her on some very mild trails that our sequoia could do is there a lot of easy trail with good views? If you give a liberal
a match he will be warm for a minute, But if you set him on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Provo puts you near loads of mild/moderate scenic trails/drives (American Fork Canyon for instance). More hardcore trails can be found to the west of Utah Lake at.around 5 Mile Pass, an hour south at/around Price, and a bit farther south in Moab.. Skyline Trail and the San Raffael Swell are also great places for exploring that can meet the mild/moderate trail category.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I grew up in an LDS hood and never once felt discriminated against or made fun of. Mormon kids are spineless nerds so it never was an issue ;)

I kid I kid.

I didn't read this entire thread, but if I had to commute to Provo I would probably choose Alpine or somewhere near the entrance of American Fork Canyon. Nephi and stuff on the south would be nice too, especially since you would miss most of the traffic.

spencevans

Overlander
It may shock many of you how many issues exist with in your communities, As a porole officer for troubled youth I covered Utah county for years and the communities that did not have gang issues were Mapleton and Alpine. I know it is hard to believe but there are serious gang issues in Utah County, you just have to know what your looking for. In a way I wish I was still ignorant to all the gang problems, life was easier and made sense when I lived in a bubble. Now, I see a kid in the grocery store and the first thing I am looking at are the colors he is wearing and the tattoos on his hands to determine which gang he is in. Too much knowledge is a bad thing.