where to mount 40 inch tires

zukijames

anyone on here have a tire machine that can mount 40x12.50x 17 they might be 13.5 wide i cant think right now..

walmart is cheapest but they say they cant do over 35.. kinda weird because me and toyota rock head mounted a 38 inch tsl on a 15 inch rim there

anyways i'd rather pay someone on here then pay a tire place..

if not where do you guys suggest?

i need to just buy bead locks so i dont have to pay to get tires mounted anymore

zukijames

Victors Tires has mounted and balanced 38's for me dirt cheap. I'm sure they could do 40's "sin problema"

i was thinking about going to them. They are the closest to my house also so thats a plus :)

did they do a good job ? I guess its not like its hard to mount some tires I just always worry im going to take them somewhere and have them screw it up.

i had some 35 inch sx's with chewed up beads but not bad..

walmart spent 20 mins trying to mount it .. then said they couldn't they took a chunk out of my bead..

the wheels had a lip on front so the tires needed to go on from the back side..

blznnp

when i use to work at Discount Tire, I mounted 44's, 42's, 40's. If they say they can't, then they most likely are being lazy. I also had them mount some 39's for me when I wasn't working there, that was at a different store than I worked at. But they didn't care what size they were. The only thing that they cared about was what year the tires were made, couldn't be more than 8 or 10 years i think.

Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I use to mount anything over 33's by hand.. they almost fall on by themselves!

I have a machine now but have not tried 40's. If you want to come to Midvale we could try the machine, and if it doesn't work we can break out the pry bars..

zukijames

i work in ogden so layton monday night sounds great.. i have a guy here that thought maybe he could do it but i loaded up the wheels and my .. unit was hurting pretty bad so i decided not to mess with trying to mount tires today..

zukijames

And be sure to mount the rims on the axles.

and then do i need to secure the axle to the buggy? or just hook up the steering and drive lines and call it good lol :) oh and maybe hook up the brakes at some point too i guess :)

sorry i know it was kinda a stupid question thanks for putting up with me guys

huntinkid

i can help you mount them at my work...if its just mounting it should only take 10 mins max....thats being generous. lemme know if you need help still my work is in kaysville.