which junkyard

blznnp

Hello all, new to utah and I am needed to get a couple parts for my blazer. just wondering what junk yards are in the area, near west jordan, and which ones you guys reccommend. im mainly looking for a set of dakota springs but i will probably need some other items in the future. i only know of one thats up new rocky mountain raceway. any others i should check out?

Will3161

I think the best one is pull and save off of the 201 (2100 south) at about 7200 west. They have half off days once or twice a week (on mondays, I think). Theres also pick and pull on 3300 just west of I-15. There's a few more, but those are the ones I frequent. You might want to check ksl.com and see if someone is selling a set. you'ed be surprised what can be found there, and it would save the trouble of pulling them.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
The half off days are Mon wed fri I normally go there.

My favorite place is trans west in farr west and a few in Ogden, long drive but they normally have everything I want lol

cowmilker

SUPER CHEESY
Pull n Save is my favorite (on my way to and from work), but I am not against pick n pull or tear a part (tear a part has pavement to lay on, not gravel).
I thought they moved half off days to Wednesday only.

00xj36s

this is good to know, i live in central ut and there are two within 15 miles. the bad thing is that they both know that there is nowhere else to buy used parts and make you pay big bucks.... I was at one looking at a D60 housing and they wanted 500, it had DRW, was missing dif cover and rusted to shit inside the housing. I told them to screw off for that much. its a further drive up there but i bet i could get one of my buddies to split gas to head up north

Last edited:

blznnp

this is good to know, i live in central ut and there are two within 15 miles. the bad thing is that they both know that there is nowhere else to buy used parts and make you pay big bucks.... I was at one looking at a D60 housing and they wanted 500, it had DRW, was missing dif cover and rusted to shit inside the housing. I told them to screw off for that much. its a further drive up there but i bet i could get one of my buddies to split gas to head up north

that crazy, for a dana 60 axle complete at the pull-a-part back in washington was like 150 i think. wish i would have gotten off my butt and search for one before we moved.

thenag

I like tearapart on redwood south of i80

x2

they have had a good selection of pre 91 suburbans lately, my father in law has gotten quite a few good interior parts.

I was there last weekend there was a v10 dodge with axles under it, not sure if it is a front 60 or 44, I know the 2500's came with both and I didn't look at it too close.

I should go to pull and save more it is closer to me.

nathan
-99 xj 4.0L ax15, np231/d300, d60-lockrite, gm 14bolt detroit, 37 inch old mtr's