Which knuckles would you get?

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
I'm thinking about getting new 60 knuckles. So which ones would you get? Crane, Reid, or solids. I'm plating up a stock set but is it a total was of time?
And yes they are ford knuckles.

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
I know solids has the key way so the high steer arms need to be machined, or just buy theirs. I just want the best bang for the buck you know.

LT.

I went through this same problem a year or so ago. I wanted to used knuckles that were stronger than the stock pieces and I really wanted a keyed steering arm. It just seemed to be far superior in my mind. I ended up with a set of inner C's and knuckles from Reid Racing. I also used some Off Road Design steering arms and have not had a problem with anything on the front end since.

LT.

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
Think I may just get the Reids. a bit more expensive off the get go, but less in the end because I don't have to machine the arms I have now.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I like the spidertax knuckles. If you can handle ball joint type stuff, but they seem super beef. I wouldn't buy them for a current axle that was a king pin obviously. I was looking at them when I was building a 9" into a sixty.
For a king pin it would be Reid for me probably.

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
I have thought about plating them. I'm just sick of worrying about breaking knuckles each time I go out. So if I got Reids or which other brand of knuckles, Im sure I will have better piece of mind. Plating them would be a ton cheaper of a fix. Im torn between price and piece of mind. I guess I want everyone else to make the decision for me.!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Does solid make ford knuckles now? They didn't use to, so I bought Reid for my ford HP

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
I have thought about it but would hate to bust them. I have seen guys do it and they claim it has worked. Just seems like a s#!t load of work to do it right.