Votes: 10 50.0%
  • keep what I have

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Powdercoat them a color similar to the TRD Anthracite color. :cool:

Yes. I also have a set of wheels/tires you can use while yours are under the knife. They are just stock taco take-offs.

You may look into paint instead of powdercoat too...

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
that would be bling

It's $85 per wheel to powder coat. I guess I really can't say that its worth $340 to have gray wheels.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I'm a big fan of the TRD, but they are expensive.

If you want a set of 16's I have a set of the 5 spoke that have been passed around a bit, I also decided to change my plans so they are for sale again.

Steves old rims, I was going to paint them charcoal and run a more aggressive set of tires on them and just swap back and forth. But i'm electing just to throw a decent AT on my current rims for now

$100

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
FWIW, I was impressed with how bed lining the 18" Titan wheels on my '06 Xterra turned out. Very cost effective and easy to do yourself... Save that $$$. I'd have to dig up info to see which brand I used, as they are all slightly different in texture, durability, sheen, etc. Mine had a great look and were very durable for what I put them through.

22f003d9.jpg

0e3d321f.jpg

06a46206.jpg

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
That does look good Mudflap. Maybe I'll go that direction.

I stopped by les schwab and discount tire today. Les Schwab confirmed what Bear said...the km2's in the 285/70/17's are on a huge back order. His price was $360 per tire when he gets them back in...

Then I stopped at Discount and they had them in stock, and their regular price was $269 per tire...even lower than tirerack. I decided to jump on them so the truck got some new shoes today.

If i decide to powdercoat (or bedline, those do look sharp) the wheels, it's about $40 to have a shop break them down and remount them. I can live with that.

sixstringsteve

Then I stopped at Discount and they had them in stock, and their regular price was $269 per tire...even lower than tirerack. I decided to jump on them so the truck got some new shoes today.

Excellent choice! Congrats.

Every time I go into Les Schwab their prices are outrageous...I don't know how they stay in business!!

x2. The one thing they have going for them is that they have very knowledgeable technicians.

Caleb

Every time I go into Les Schwab their prices are outrageous...I don't know how they stay in business!!

For tires they don't push, they are always way high. BFGs are a brand they don't really carry, can get and sell but they are always super high on the price. I've purchased a couple sets of rims and tires through them and if it's a set they recommend, the pricing is usually competitive. When I was pricing my BFG A/Ts, I don't remember exact prices but most shops were something like $300ish and Les Schwab was $550+ and they had to order them in so I'd have to pay shipping on top of that. I think I made the guy trying to sell me tires mad because I told him chrome rims were gay...I later found out he had chrome rims :rofl:

BTW, Good choice of tires Cody. Looks sharp. :cool: