White Pine trail?

n1v3kt

I was looking at some topo maps and saw that there is a road that winds up to white pine from little cottonwood canyon, has anyone ever been on or tried this road???

**sorry for the typo on thread title**

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
$10 says the Forest Service does not consider that a road any more. There's lots of those up there.

If you haven't already, check out the motor vehicle use map for the uinta-wasatch-cache national forest. I'm on my phone or I'd link you.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Not open, in fact short of Guardsmen there is nothing open to 4x4 traffic after Mineral Fork was unjustly closed. Red Pine? and White Pine? were cut to build the lakes.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
About the time they were building (expanding) the lakes Don?

When I drove it the lakes were there. The road looked like it had been there for some time.(I hiked up the road some time in the early 70's which is how I knew it was there.)
I don't know if they did any expansion after that, 1976 was the last time I was there.

RTR

Not open, in fact short of Guardsmen there is nothing open to 4x4 traffic after Mineral Fork was unjustly closed. Red Pine? and White Pine? were cut to build the lakes.

Kurt, is Mineral Fork closed only for 4x4 traffic? Or is it closed for dirt bikes, as well... we were recently planning on riding it. I guess I better find out if it's legal to ride.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
When I drove it the lakes were there. The road looked like it had been there for some time.(I hiked up the road some time in the early 70's which is how I knew it was there.)
I don't know if they did any expansion after that, 1976 was the last time I was there.

Very cool, I need to hike it!

Kurt, is Mineral Fork closed only for 4x4 traffic? Or is it closed for dirt bikes, as well... we were recently planning on riding it. I guess I better find out if it's legal to ride.

Still open to quads, bikes and sleds for now. For how long? Who knows... lots of complaints from hikers as they walk up the road ;)

OldGeezer

Ah yes. Drove it many a time back in the day. It was a short period of time late in the summer when we could make it all the way to the lake. Had to wait for the water to recede during spring run off to cross the creek than wait for the snow to melt in the shaded spots. And that side of the mountain has a lot of shaded spots. Might have to find my pictures and post some.
That road was where I had my first encounter with a tree hugger. He was rolling big rocks down trying to block the road. I casually got out and reminded him that it was no big deal for me to remove anything that he put there.

n1v3kt

X4. So quads/side-by-side but no jeeps huh? :'€ then again, everything in the cottonwoods is kinda weird...I got turned around by a ranger just for having my dog in the car when I was driving through -_-

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
X4. So quads/side-by-side but no jeeps huh? :'€ then again, everything in the cottonwoods is kinda weird...I got turned around by a ranger just for having my dog in the car when I was driving through -_-

A while back somebody flipped out about "watershed quality", and the upshot is that instead of paying to treat our municipal water like every other city, we lose pretty much all recreation access to our canyons beyond hiking and (sometimes) mountain biking. No motor vehicles off the pavement, no pets, no swimming or boating, etc.

This city is retarded. :bryson:

OldGeezer

Welp, couldn't find many pictures last night. 3 boring shots of the road taken in August 1973. Pretty sure I have more/better.... somewhere. I'll keep looking.
15 08-1973.jpg16 08-1973.jpg17 08-1973.jpg

n1v3kt

A while back somebody flipped out about "watershed quality", and the upshot is that instead of paying to treat our municipal water like every other city, we lose pretty much all recreation access to our canyons beyond hiking and (sometimes) mountain biking. No motor vehicles off the pavement, no pets, no swimming or boating, etc.

This city is retarded. :bryson:
>.> watershed quality huh? But for some reason horses are ok....and when I'm hiking and dodging their sh!t everywhere on trails...it's hard not to be cynical.

I would pay to watch someone get a SxS up there. It's limited to 50" wide which isn't the issue, there's a big bolder you got to squeeze past that's almost to tight for an ATV

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
>.> watershed quality huh? But for some reason horses are ok....and when I'm hiking and dodging their sh!t everywhere on trails...it's hard not to be cynical.

Horses are not OK in BCC/LCC

I would pay to watch someone get a SxS up there. It's limited to 50" wide which isn't the issue, there's a big bolder you got to squeeze past that's almost to tight for an ATV

A boulder that fell, thus closing the route to full-size 4x4 use. Easier to close than to move a rock :rolleyes:
http://cruiseroutfitters.com/landuse_mineral.html