Who? and how to Insure a rig?

lewis

Fight Till You Die
i insured through state farm and put it only had comprehensive on it (like $6.00 every six months) and would call them on the week I was taking it out to have liability put on it. Then the week after I had been out I would call and put the liability on hold. I did this for 6 years. They never knew it was OHV'd.

thanks for the info. looks like im going with allstate. and running it the same as most....since the vin for ohv is different then a regular vehicle, thats what sucks a modified jeep doesnt really fit a 4 wheeler ID, or a stock vehicle ID (by ID i mean that its nothing like one, closer to the stock vehcile but cant pass inspection due to lift and tires and etc...) thanks everyone for your input:)

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
progressive did mine. it was pretty cheap. I also added stated value, in case of theft. that was only 30 per year.

I have my other vehicles insured through Progressive. I asked about my Jeep last year but was told that they didn't have a policy that would cover it. How were you able to get them to insure it? I havn't had any insurance on mine since I OHV'd it.

ID Bronco

state Farm, stated value, much more expensive than others have posted, but reasonable. The way I see it, this is a dangerous sport. Someone or something will get hurt, I want to be covered.

crazyyo

did any of them want to come and take pix of your rigs before they would give you insurance do any of you get crap during the safari if you dont have insurance?