who can identify these

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
I second Dan they have to be just left in there on accident, because they are not broken or anything and way to small to be off the bottom of a 318 i used to have one

Kyle

GO Jr.
Thanks for the input guys. The peices have been broken. They were full circles. A buddy of mine who knows motors well. Said they couldn't have come from the engine. They appear to be some kind of hose clamp or somthing.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
they are from the engine, they are broken valve guide seal clamps, look at the CHK-028 seal in the middle of the pic, i know it says they are GM but they look just like those....

Valve_Stem_Seals_-_VSS.jpg

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
ive used those in a small block chevy I built about 10 years ago, someone might have put the wrong ones in his motor and thats why they broke, pull the cover off and look and see if they look like that and if those clamps are missing, bet they are...

Kyle

GO Jr.
they are from the engine, they are broken valve guide seal clamps, look at the CHK-028 seal in the middle of the pic, i know it says they are GM but they look just like those....

man, nice call. Thank you.
I looked and I am missing some of those off of the seals.
mystery solved.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

:cool:

But I called it...

They almost look like some kind of valve seal retainer, but I wouldn't think they would have made their way down to the oil pan! :eek: Have you pulled the valve covers by chance?

:cody: :greg:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Good call Greg. I should have looked sooner, thats for sure.

I probably shouldn't have said anything... in reference to my above post.

I'm not trying to be a dick or steal the thunder from OrvisKrawler, he knew exactly what they were and posted the image that sealed the answer. I just made a lucky guess... :)

Any way, glad you've got it figured out!

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
hey Kyle i showed this thread to Dan and he said when he pulled that motor out it had a knock but when he looked ast this thread he was pretty certain the bottom end is still good and the knock was coming from something in the valvetrain after me him and aron sat around thinking about it for a minute ...just a little FYI

Kyle

GO Jr.
valve seals

[/QUOTE]

soooo. after finding out what these parts are I decided to pull the new ones out of the rebuild kit that came with the motor,,and sure enough the seals in my rebuild kit are identical to the chrysler ones in the pic. CHK 001.

So with that in mind I am kinda worried what else could be wrong with this motor. Damaged parts from falling through the motor? Other parts that dont belong in this eingine from the previous rebuild?

Is this motor worth rebiulding again?

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
So with that in mind I am kinda worried what else could be wrong with this motor. Damaged parts from falling through the motor? Other parts that dont belong in this eingine from the previous rebuild?

Is this motor worth rebiulding again?[/QUOTE]

pull the main and rod caps. inspect the crank and cam. thats the only way to tell for sure. but the strainer should keep most of that out the bigger pieces anyway.