Who Can Weld Aluminum?

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
What are the thickness and rough dimensions of the parts to be welded?

I can TIG aluminum at work. If the parts are very thick MIG might be required.
My resume:
20u7cc7.jpg

otgtc2.jpg

287q842.jpg

s4ukp5.jpg

68zort.jpg

3.5" 16awg tubing butt welds

Last edited:

Bucking Bronco

What are the thickness and rough dimensions of the parts to be welded?

I can TIG aluminum at work. If the parts are very thick MIG might be required.
My resume:

3.5" 16awg tubing butt welds

Thats PURDY.

My parts are about 1/8" thick.

Where you located? and Rough idea how much?

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Orem, but I'll have to ask my boss If sidework is ok. I'll probably just charge ya like $10 or a 24pack of mtn dew or something.

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Orem, but I'll have to ask my boss If sidework is ok. I'll probably just charge ya like $10 or a 24pack of mtn dew or something.

I need some quick work done (literally less than 5 minutes) as well, let me know if you're able to do it.

CSR

Me too! I have a radiator outlet (one tube) that needs to be welded on. Check with your boss ASAP, please.

Silly Willy

If you want to and live near sandy, you can get into a welding class at the Canyons Applied Tech Center (Just off 7th east and 9000 South in Sandy) or stop by and ask Mr Damill (The welding Teacher) if he or one of the people there can weld it for $5 (for gas and filler rod etc.) they usually are happy to help as long as you don't try and take advantage.

Or you can enroll in the night class, one night a week 4 hours that night, for I think 2 months. its like $120 I believe. then you can learn to do it yourself.

krany

kranberry
If you want to and live near sandy, you can get into a welding class at the Canyons Applied Tech Center (Just off 7th east and 9000 South in Sandy) or stop by and ask Mr Damill (The welding Teacher) if he or one of the people there can weld it for $5 (for gas and filler rod etc.) they usually are happy to help as long as you don't try and take advantage.

Or you can enroll in the night class, one night a week 4 hours that night, for I think 2 months. its like $120 I believe. then you can learn to do it yourself.

iam actually in that class and its well worth the money let me check with demile i might be able to get him to do it. were always looking for funding for projects that we do could be a good way about doing so. :)

Corban_White

If Mike doesn't end up being able to do it my neighbor can do it. His name is Don Kitchen and he owns Quality first welding and machine in Lehi. His # is 801-602-eighty two thirty three. His Al welding is not as pretty as what was posted but it is always quality.

big cherokee

a.r.c fabrication
steve i got a buddy that lives here in layton that will weld it up for you, he is a union tig welder does it all day and has equipment at his house.

just hit me up you can drop it by cutrubus or we can meet up he will have it done in one night.

he built my short runner intake and other things for my vw race car does great work.

Bucking Bronco

steve i got a buddy that lives here in layton that will weld it up for you, he is a union tig welder does it all day and has equipment at his house.

just hit me up you can drop it by cutrubus or we can meet up he will have it done in one night.

he built my short runner intake and other things for my vw race car does great work.

Thank you. I will definitely take you up on that. I still have to do a couple things to have it ready. hopefully first of next week.

Thanks to everyone else who has offered help and offered up referrals

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
If Mike doesn't end up being able to do it my neighbor can do it. His name is Don Kitchen and he owns Quality first welding and machine in Lehi. His # is 801-602-eighty two thirty three. His Al welding is not as pretty as what was posted but it is always quality.

Thanks for referring Don. He did an awesome job on my radiator :cool:

midog

I'm in the market for getting some welding done as well. I have a center concile and a few other small items.

I live in sandy, any takers It wil be a couple weeks before I'm ready.