Who carries K40 CB Antenna

Caleb

jmaxj said:
yeah but mepco is way over priced, and when i bought my last 6 from cantact cb he would tune it for me for free if i came back in when i got it mounted but i don't know if he does that anymore.

yeah he did that same thing for me...but I got mine like 5 years ago...maybe even longer...

Cory

The reason I asked was because the place on 3rd was closed down when I went by there last Thursday. Sign said something about going out of business after 30 something years.

I originally bought my K40 from him in November and he said that K40 offered a five year no questions over the counter exchange on the antenna. Mine broke off where the base meets the fiberglass on my last trip to Moab, so I'm looking for a place that will honor the warrenty.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yup, it might be true... I know the last time I was in there, he said he was going to be retiring soon... He wasn't making money like he used too. He was always a cool guy... I stole a base CB from my dad when I was around 12, I used to get my mom to take me down to contact and buy parts for it... he was always an awesome dude!

He mentioned that all the new cellphones and 2 way radio capabilities have essentially killed the CB/Ham market, it is so cheap to talk on the cellular, nobody relies on the CB anymore.

I for one hate wheeling with those that don't have a CB, it sure does improve the day not having to scream, play catch up and get out in the mud!

CB for life!

JeeperG

Maybe try the CB shop In Ogden? It is located in the heart of Truck Stops.... I picked up a used Cobra 25 LTD WX Classic for like $60 3-4 years ago and they also opened it up did some soldering, Tweeking it a bit....

Not sure of any numbers or anything

Giff