Who drinks, who doesn't/ and state why.

V-DAWG

someday
I have read a few threads/ posts lately that make me curious what the consensus on this board is about drinking alcohol.

I am curious to know if you drink or not, and why you choose to drink or not. I do not want this to be a discussion about religion, so if that is your answer why you don't, then don't bother replying.

I have drank in the past, and I have even been drunk, so this is not coming from someone who has no life experience. I have seen some very stupid things come about because people had consumed alcohol, and they would not have happened sober. Some of those stupid things are just how those particular people behave when they are intoxicated. I have seen people who have no personality when they are sober, and after half a 12 oz. beer they suddenly think they are the star of the show. I do not like people like that, seriously, I do not like them.

Let me sum up my opinion before I have rambled so much that I don't make sense. Nothing good comes from drinking alcohol, and especially from becoming "drunk". If someone can honestly name something good that has happened because they, or a friend was drunk, I would love to hear it.

In my profession I see people at their worst. I have never taken a sober persons freedom away for domestic violence assault. Every single one of them was intoxicated.

Rant on!

V-DAWG

someday
mbryson said:
This isn't going anywhere good, but if discussion remains 'civil' it can stay.......

Thanks for bringing up that point. I am not intending to bash on anyone who does or doesn't drink. If you choose to drink, that is great, it is your choice. I am more curious about the "why".

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
for the above mentioned reasons I too do not drink. I don't mind if people kick back and enjoy a few brews. I moslty don't like violent drunks. I personally don't see any gain in drinking alcohol and I am not trying to offend anyone by saying that.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Mt Dew is good enough for me, it's my addiction :D .

Last edited:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
are you bored???

:rofl:
Becuase I am, work is really slow!!

Hmm....yes, I enjoy alcohol. But the worst that it has ever done to me is make me fall out of a 20ft tree, while I was looking for firewood for my firepit when I was living in moab. The good part of the whole thing was that I dont remember falling out of the tree but Herzog was there and oger and bryson and tanner...that was the night Herzog and I met. If I had not gone to the bar that night I would not have bought everyone a bunch of drinks and vica versa , I would not have invited them over to my house to drink more. Everyone either walked home or slept at my house. So............I guess you could say that I met my future husband in a bar. Which I dont regret a minute of!!! :D :D :D :D :D

But still, DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!! and since I met Herzog I dont drink nearly as much as I used to. Which is a really good thing.

JeeperG

V-DAWG said:
If someone can honestly name something good that has happened because they, or a friend was drunk, I would love to hear it.

My Kid?
not really cause I don't have one

I am curious to know if you drink or not, and why you choose to drink

Yes cause I am an alcoholic

V-DAWG

someday
Barbie said:
are you bored???

:rofl:
Becuase I am, work is really slow!!

But still, DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!! and since I met Herzog I dont drink nearly as much as I used to. Which is a really good thing.

I am bored, but it is my day off, and I am watching my 2 year old.

I have alot of friends who keep trying to meet their spouse in the bars, and it hasn't worked out. I am glad it has worked out for you, and I wish you and Herzog the best.

Let me give you a little more history about my question. My wife and I have a huge family vacation (huge just being the number of people going) planned this summer. All of her siblings and her father are going on a week long trip with us. 4 of 11 adults are drinkers. Those 4 will be traveling to Utah from Washington D.C. for this trip, and the dad doesn't think he wants to allow them to drink. They are adults, it is also their vacation, and they are taking a week off work, traveling 3,000 miles, and he wants to restrict what they can do on their vacation? I do not like to impose my feelings on someone else's choices. If it is within the legal realms of consumption, I say let them chose as they please.

I am curious why you said that you drink less now, and that is a good thing?

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
PierCed_3 said:
for the above mentioned reasons I too do not drink. I don't mind if people kick back and enjoy a few brews. I moslty don't like violent drunks. I personally don't see any gain in drinking alcohol and I am not trying to offend anyone by saying that.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Mt Dew is good enough for me, it's my addiction :D .

-_- -_- -_- :rofl: KENNETH !!

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
To me it is all about resposibility!
Drink responsibly, and take responsibility for your actions when drinking!!
Know your limits and be safe.
If you don't know when to stop, you probably shouldn't be drinking....If you can't stop....Get help.

I understand both sides as I see, daily, the effect alcohol and other drugs has on many lives. But I do drink occasionally and if kept in moderation I have no problem with it.

JMHO
Marc

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
rckcrlr said:
To me it is all about resposibility!
Drink responsibly, and take responsibility for your actions when drinking!!
Know your limits and be safe.
If you don't know when to stop, you probably shouldn't be drinking....If you can't stop....Get help.

.......... But I do drink occasionally and if kept in moderation I have no problem with it.

JMHO
Marc

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm not good at remaining 'in control' and drink myself into rediculousness.......Been dry for quite a while now. My oldest kid is 15 :eek: , so it's been about 15 years and 6-7 months........... {I still long for beer with Mexican food or pizza....nothing better :D, but I substitute a Coke....}

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
not interested in drinking, never have been. the root of it is morals, and part of that is religion... the rest is common sense.
i don't have a problem with others drinking, but i get sick of overhearing stupid drunk stories sometimes.
i enjoy this topic :D

Badger

I am the Brute squad
now the funny part i get out of all of this is a bunch of poeple talking about beer that has no alcohol in it.i'm from the east coast ,i'm used to beer being beer not water with some taste.i do drink but not much ,i never get drunk, i like to go to sleep when i want and not see the world spinning around me when i try.but it does make for a good relaxant if taken in moderation.i have known alot of drunks and hung out with them in times i wish i hadn't only because of their stupid actions later .drinking will take away your inhibitions and common sense when consumed in large quanities hence stupid actions from drunk slobs.not to say that everybody becomes a drunken slob when drinking just saying the majority of people do.i'm also under the belief that everybody has their fling so to speak.some people drink ,some poeple take pills,some poeple smoke dope,some poeple drink coffee ,and hell some people get high on life and doing extreme sports ,everybody has their fling and i don't put anybody down for any of it .if you like to drink you like to drink as long as you are resposible while doing it i don't care.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Badger said:
now the funny part i get out of all of this is a bunch of poeple talking about beer that has no alcohol in it..............

I'm SURE TRNDRVR will weigh in on that one......:D We're at 3.4%, aren't we? What's the east coast percentage?

Webby

Official Cutie Pie
I drink wine with meals, and every now and then I'll drink a beer. 3 bottles of beer in my fridge is like a 6 month supply in my house.

I don't care if people drink or don't .. the ones that don't cost less when hosting parties ;)

I do care when I come across mean drunks. I don't like them. If you can't handle it, don't do it ... or do it by yourself.

I'm no saint .. I'm done my fair share of stupid drinking. At the IronStock party I was drinking rum and coke .. by the end of the night it was just rum ... 16oz at a time. I couldn't walk, but I didn't fall. So now everyone says 'Webby wobbles, but she don't fall down' ... the next morning I woke up bright and early with a big smile on my face. I guess I was so drunk that the hangover never hit. :rofl:

Last edited:

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
V-DAWG said:
I am bored, but it is my day off, and I am watching my 2 year old.

I have alot of friends who keep trying to meet their spouse in the bars, and it hasn't worked out. I am glad it has worked out for you, and I wish you and Herzog the best.

I am curious why you said that you drink less now, and that is a good thing?

I actually never wanted to meet anyone in bars, in regards to creating a relationship or anything outside the bar. I enjoy going to bars with my friends and to dance...I LOVE to dance. But, I never went into a bar wanting or looking to meet someone!
When I lived in moab I ended a really really bad relationship, I Started drinking A LOT to cope with living in a small town and seeing this person with someone else everyday, and the fact taht I worked at a parts store nad he was a mechanic so I had to deliver parts to his shop. So, when Herzog meet me I was always drinking after work, everyday. When we started dating I rarley ever saw him drink and that effected me in way that I should maybe slow WAY down. So I did. I still enjoy beer & Tequilla, but I have also lost 10lbs from all the alcohol I have not been drinking like I used to. Herzog is a very positive and loving person for me to have in my life and I would not trade him for anyone else. :rolleyes: :D

On another note, I am really glad to see that you are NOT working...this must be a first for me. Hope your kids are doing awesome!!! ;) :D

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Oh, and in regards to the No alcohol rule that he is planning to apply to this vacation seems a little far fetched. He is going to end up wasting his vacation watching/babysitting those who do drink to make sure they arent going to drink. He should enjoy his family. I would be concerned if any of them were mean or embarassing drunks, but that is somthing that your family would only know. ;)