who installs lockers?

yoda

i need a locker installed in the front of my 87 4-runner, with a solid axle, and i was wondering where the best/ cheapest place to do it is. anybody have any suggestions? i am in slc, so preferrably close by. thanks!

notajeep

Just me
You! Toyota's are easy. you can do it! Or I'm sure that rock logic can set you up or _________ (insert your favorite shop here) can also do it. :)

Caleb

The cheapest way to do it is to just do it right the first itme...no matter how chepa it is if its done wrong or half-assed its gonna cost you more in the long run. I would deffinitely say Rocklogic will get you done right. 463-1220

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
yoda said:
im sure i could do it, but i dont want to mess with backlash and everything. if anybody wants to help i could buy a couple beers or whatever. let me know.

If your installing a luch-box type locker you dont have to mess with the backlash. lock-rite and detriot ez lockers have pretty good instructions included.

ZUK

yoda said:
im sure i could do it, but i dont want to mess with backlash and everything. if anybody wants to help i could buy a couple beers or whatever. let me know.

Welll, you could send it to me if you want a pro job done.....or you probably really can do it yourself if you do a couple very simple things.....the main one being mark with a scriber or something the position of each spanner ring for the carrier bearing pre-load.
This is assuming you are putting in some sort of lunch locker....an Aussie is an excellent choice for FRONT end use. Once they are marked, I am not sure how you could possibly screw up. The locker can be put in blind-folded by some people. :)

PS---once the locker is installled and the spanner rings are clocked back to "factory position" you will notice that you can "snug" each spanner ring an equal amount.....maybe 2 or 3 hole notches on each side. This is an excellent thing to do as it will "re-fresh" the carrier bearing pre-load and will allow your ring gear teeth to take much greater torque loads without busting. ZUK

Ohms

'Poser Wheeler
We can definately install them for you the right way. Installation is a fairly simple process but it helps to have the right equipment and knowledge for a trouble free life in your vehicle. Give me a call and we can discuss further if you would like. Or as stated in another post.....Come on down to the shop tonight have some free BBQ and we can talk then!!!

Matt Holm
Outer Limit Motorsports
2437 S. 3270 W.
972-2811