Who IS going to Moab for Easter?

pELYgroso

'Merica
Just wondering, What are the reasons that you do go to EJS? I'm going for the big weekend to help out at potato salad w/ the clean-up, and also because I like to see a ton of different rigs. Then, the following week we'll be there and it will be much less crowded and trails won't have mile long lines.

I agree that I like to get away from the crowds USUALLY, but every time? Is it a requisite to me going on a wheeling trip? No. As long as I'm with some friends, I could sit at the bottom of potato salad hill all day and have a great time watching people wreck their junk! It's a totally different wheeling trip than one out the pony express trail, or up Forest lake with only a couple rigs, but a fun trip still!

Why do YOU go?

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I go to see a lot of people I don't get to see much any other time of the year. I also go to roam around and talk to a bunch of people on the trail about land use. There's the vendor show, where some of the people I've already mentioned are, and who doesn't like checking out new stuff?

This year I may be helping out w/the Dirt Riot race, which would be neat, and my wife and kids are coming down this year too, which is also different. Until I've been on every trail, EJS is a good time :D. Plus, I found a black hole right on Main Street, it's like.. a portal to a different, crazier version of Moab.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I will be heading down on thursday.

Why??

I dont know. Because I have been every year except 1 for the last 12 years. Year I missed was because thats when I got married. So we substituted Hawaii for Moab. I wheeled the piss out of our rental car!

bamacpl

I'll b headed there Thursday as well....
--I like to check out what other ppl has, the vendor display, & meet up with other friends from around the country that I don't get to see that often! I'm bringing the family & my kids love to watch all the carnage!!!

Coco

I'll be heading down wednesday, Im excited to be in Moab again.

Going to do an RC run at Moab Rim on thursday morning if anyone is interested too

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Im headed down in the morning...

Me too. If you see me on the side of the road at least honk as you go buy. Borrowing my brother-laws Class A motor home and towing the heap with it. White cherokee on trailer. Slightly nervous as this a LOONG set up and never driven anything this big. Hoping to leave around 4 in the Morning to avoid traffic to make the trip a little easier.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I am heading down Friday so I can see the tail end of the craziness. But I have not missed Easter in Moab since I was 12 and I am 29 now. Me and my grandpa used to go down and bike and it slowly morphed into keeping only. He is no longer around to go with me so I take my wife and all my friends to keep is memory alive.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
If anyone is down here let me know if you do not mind me hanging out with you on the trail. I am open Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and would love to meet up with some of you. Some other plans I had fell through and I now have a open schedule.

Kevin 8o1-5 9 2- 4 9 2 4

Bart

Already back. Led Hell's Revenge on Saturday. Great dinner with BC, Brett, and MBryson at the Brewery. Moab Rim that night. Cliff Hanger yesterday. Great trip except driving home in the wind and snow.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
heading down wednesday and heading home sunday afternoon. this will be my 11th consecutive year! apparently i'm weird cause it hasn't really seemed crowded to me for probably the last 5 years or so. it used to be insane down there but it seems like when the economy tanked so did the amount of people and rigs at ejs. i love seeing all the rigs and just the whole experience with it being a tradition. i go to moab around 4 times a year and sometimes we never even see people on the trail so i get my fill of that too.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Already back. Led Hell's Revenge on Saturday. Great dinner with BC, Brett, and MBryson at the Brewery. Moab Rim that night. Cliff Hanger yesterday. Great trip except driving home in the wind and snow.

Very fun dinner. I'm home now as well. Trans won't shift until about 4k-5k under light load so I didn't want to be a trail liability. Getting it checked on Wed. here at Lodders. They think it could be a cheap/easy fix but no guarantees. Seem like cool guys to me.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Bunch of quiters.....

Rain here today made the trail funner, hope it's a simple fix on that tranny Marc! EH with good people tomorrow will be the climax of my week.