Who is NOT going to Moab for Easter?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
I typically plan my Moab trips in March(2nd or 3rd week), May(1st or 2nd week), and October(usually the 3rd week) and have always found a camping spot and uncrowded trails. One of these years I will go to EJS as a spectator to see the booths and displays, but I will never run any trails during it for reasons already mentioned by others. Oh, and ever since I got back into fishing last year the Jeep thing might have some competition as far as where I spend my time on hobbies.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
That's not a bad idea at all.

Dude, if you haven't done Sand Hollow, you need to. John's trail, the Maze, West Rim, and the playground down South: incredible! Prepare to be amazed.

I'm going to the last half of EJS just to do the jeep thing and win something in the raffle :p

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Thankfully the crowds of safari keep some of the riff raff away from everywhere else. There are really only three weekends I won't go to Moab. Easter, Memorial, Labor Day.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Yeah, the crowds are bad down here. Just left Moab Brewery. What a mess, we were lucky we got thier last table for 19 people that they had available.

Oh, and I'm sunburned too... :(

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
I be tryin Tman, but damn this is rough.

Cool part is, there was no funeral involved and most of the original RME/SLC-Jeep guys were there.

stimmie

I have never been to Moab.. aside from passing through on the way to Arizona once... I joined RME when I was working at Rocky Road Outfitters many many moons ago. I worked there for a year and a half or so. Working there got me wanting to wheel, but at the same time I don't have the money to. My kind of wheeling consists of trails to take me fishing or hunting. My sister and her in-laws go to EJS every year. Someday I may go... But I'm not sure when..

EB101

I'm going for the Dirt Riot race on Saturday. It should be a great time. Otherwise, I'll be back down there in a month with the Broncos

LT.

I am not going this year either. Not because I don't want to but, because my other build is taking all my extra funds right now. I am into the other truck now some $15,000 and I am still not even close to being done. Who knew that building rigs was so expensive? That and I am trying to save my vacation hours for June.

LT.

Max Power

Bryce
I'm not going this year because my wife is due to deliver our little girl any day now. I like the crowds and seeing everyones rigs.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Not going down for all of the above reasons, did Moab EJS for like 15 years in a row, these day I think Easter is the best weekend of the year to stay home and do yard work, Easter is too crowded every where else, especially the sand dunes. ill hang outdoors all the other weekends. that said if you have never been to EJS, I recommend checking it out at least once,( And we will see all the usuall suspects at Moab Car show weekend! )

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Hey Jmaxj I'm goin there too. We should hook up and run a trail :p

I did Easter Safari for 13 years. I liked it, till I didn't have a street legal rig anymore. Then it became a hassle. I do miss running some of the trails with the RR4W, seeing all the different setups. But now you can't run over half the trails when they are being used. So you end up running the same trails every year. Or maybe it's the people I wheel with :p