Who is the spider expert.....

MattL

What kind is this? This guy was over the size of a quarter and then some.

Looks kinda like a wolf spider but... guess its time to do some research.
I can handle lots of things.. but spiders kinda creep me out.

This is the third spider in thenew place i am at. One of the other ones looked like a black widow but with out the red on the bottom. it had some brown splotches.. Matter of fact that guy is in the freezer, oops.

ill snap a pic of him as well.

Attachments

• TRIDBF7.jpg
    TRIDBF7.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 42

MattL

well no go on the other spider. He is too small to take a clear pic with the digital camera.
My brief looking for wolf spiders dont really look much like this guy.
My dial up is sooo slow it doesnt warrent looking for a spider database. Ill have to wait untill tommorrow to do that.

muleskinner

Thats a female Hobo spider. Kill it, Unless you want this...
untitled.bmp

femhobo.jpg

Look here http://hobospider.org/

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Hobo's are pretty gnarly. Real aggressive, luckily they're not all THAT dangerous. I would avoid a bite though.

Recluse's have a sort of violin on them, and they're fairly small. Widows are usually even smaller, and very shiny.

I hate them all and they all die when I'm in the HYYYOUSE!!! haha!

R

rockdog

Skinner, Why did you have to post that. I've seen tons of those in our basement. :eek: :eek: I hate spiders. When I worked at Geneva I had to unload train cars that came from the quarry down by mona. In the summer they'd come in covered with webs full of huge spiders. I would clens those cars with a flame throwing gas lance before I'd get in em. :ugh:

MattL

I think I am going to bomb my house. Was going to do it before I moved in but got to busy... NOw I wish I would have. I been reading about hobos and the best deterant for them is other spiders... grr.. I cant win. I live in Magna

GR4x4

Stop the MADNESS
Good luck with that. If you are going to spray them and you have black widows there is only one kind of spray that will kill them. Home Depot has it. It is the best stuff I have found for Hobos, Widows etc. kills them all. I would also spray your yard and what ever is in it. Spiders suck!

MattL

GR4x4 said:
Good luck with that. If you are going to spray them and you have black widows there is only one kind of spray that will kill them. Home Depot has it. It is the best stuff I have found for Hobos, Widows etc. kills them all. I would also spray your yard and what ever is in it. Spiders suck!

Thas good and all.. but whats the name of the stuff you are talking about. TIA. Spiders are cool and all when your watchin discovery channel on them in some remote place.

GR4x4

Stop the MADNESS
miatre said:
Thas good and all.. but whats the name of the stuff you are talking about. TIA. Spiders are cool and all when your watchin discovery channel on them in some remote place.

I will have to check today and let you know later on. After lunch is a good time to check back.

MattL

Thanks for looking for me.

In the mean time.. my last place of residence, they had Orkin come out and spray. The last time he came over he gave me some sticky pads that he claimed to be strong enough to catch a mouse. Description of them is simple, they are stiff card board with a clear adhesive. This stuff is very very sticky,(dog found out haha). Does anyone know where to get these?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
miatre said:
Thanks for looking for me.

In the mean time.. my last place of residence, they had Orkin come out and spray. The last time he came over he gave me some sticky pads that he claimed to be strong enough to catch a mouse. Description of them is simple, they are stiff card board with a clear adhesive. This stuff is very very sticky,(dog found out haha). Does anyone know where to get these?

Home Depot.. any of those places will have them.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
GR4x4 said:

Ethere works on everything :D

britney

Queen of Chit!!
That is not a Hobo Spider you paranoid freaks!!!!!

Just from the picture you posted I can gaurantee it.
The Giant house spider(the one you caught) has stripes on it's legs and a hobo spider does not. Here is a link to my favorite hobospider website, cause those house spiders freaked the sh!t out of me and I did some homework on them. http://www.hobospider.com/index.html

Don't spray for them either, you'll kill off the good spiders and the Black Widows will take over. Get the sticky traps they work really well, I buy them at Western Gardens.