Who likes to drink??

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
For many years and because of MANY RME members I have enjoyed the lasting relationsip with alcohol beginning with Boons Farm and ending with repeted shots of hard liquor with several RME friends last night for my 26th Birthday...
Recently I have chosen to quit as a birthday gift to myself to see what type of lifestyle changes it can bring me... ALSO I took a good look at my bank statement and factored about a $500 dollar a month savings.... WTF ?????? LOL maybe my buggy can get a little more attention these days!

After speaking with many others Apparently i'm not alone.. who can beat $500???
:-\

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I used to drink a lot of cheap beer back in the day. Now I limit myself to only really good tasting beer and that's even only in a great while.

Now when I visit my parents I usually steal a New Castle or two from my dad that he keeps stocked up on. That's about the extent of my drinking now days.

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
I will never give up my Patron!

All the best with your new birthday present. Does a brain and body good. :)

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
quit quit? Or only drink on the weekends quit? I haven't drank hard alcohol regularly for along time but I sure do love a cold beer.

I have the opportunity to fight in the Alaska Fight Championship for the title, so I want to be at my best for that… but I’m sure I’ll be back someday!

Twisted

NEEDAMONEYTREE
Been quit for 6 years. It's worth it.:-\ I think.:confused:................Yeah it's worth it.:D Doesn't seem like it at first, but it is. More money, less problems, better health, more money.

Slangy

Sgt. CulPepper
I will never give up my Patron! :)

That's the only thing I can get Shay to drink. And occasionally I can convince her into a frosty brew.

The last few month's I have been buying way to much beer. 30 pack on Saturday, come thursday I was buying another 18. I had to tell myself only a six pack a week:-\ Until Saturday comes then I roll into the gas station to buy a twelver. BABY STEPS right.

As for the hard alcohol, no way. I act like a jack ass when I drink that stuff, I get a little to happy and I like to hear myself yelling WOOOOOHOOOO out the passenger window.:D

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Good Luck, it is really worth it. I used to drink a 20 box a night. Now it takes me a couple months to get through a 12 pack. I still have a bottle of Patron Anejo in the freezer, and a case of corona on hand. But it is for rare occassions.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
It should be something you enjoy in moderation. I could never justify going to the bar very often (maybe 2 to 3 times a year). I could always think of better things to do with the money.

How long before for the fight?

SICK99TJ

i dont really drink in town maybe a beer or two on the weekends (sucks with kids cause they dont care if you feel like ass they want to play) but if i am out of town without my son watch out now cause i am tying one on for the entire time.=)

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
It should be something you enjoy in moderation. I could never justify going to the bar very often (maybe 2 to 3 times a year). I could always think of better things to do with the money.

How long before for the fight?
prob sometime this spring

Brett

Meat-Hippy
Good choice man. Personally, I'll do beer on the weekends, Fri-Sun, but I try not to go nuts. Depending on what I am doing, I stay good with just a few for the night. I don't do liquor for any reason other than it involves an extra trip. I bring it camping, but I get out once a year if that lately :(

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
MMM.... Beer. I do not drink like I did in my 20s. I can't stand the hangovers. I enjoy the infrequent mixed drink, and maybe a shot or two. Rarely do I drink in bars, too expensive. My wife and I may kill a bottle or two of vino, but not very often.

Whether to drink or not, is a personal choice. I don't hold it against anyone that chooses not to.

Good luck getting that fight in Alaska.

Cruiser

look what i can do!!
Me and friends would go out severl nights a week and most of them ended up being late nights and many shots later... The crappyest feeling is when you dont get the hangover and you should have!... For sure should have! LOL

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
I put away ALOT of alcohol this summer. Every weekend since April at the cabin, every Friday and Saturday night around the campfire. Add to that the Hickmeister and his bride having their camp trailer at my place all summer, and that's alot of alchol. But, I still still love my beer.:cool:

Good choice Olly, if your gonna fight for the title, go all in.

EROK81?

Sell out
Good choice man. Personally, I'll do beer on the weekends, Fri-Sun, but I try not to go nuts. Depending on what I am doing, I stay good with just a few for the night. I don't do liquor for any reason other than it involves an extra trip. I bring it camping, but I get out once a year if that lately :(

Umm...you mean a few packs. I've never seen you successfully have a few beers.:p

I usually drink beer on weekends only as well. Although, I feel no different then when I used to drink at least 12 every night. :(

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I drink one glass of red wine most evenings. It doesn't get me buzzed at all (I've never really liked being drunk anyway). I enjoy it, and it keeps me from snacking on junk all night. On the weekends I'll have a beer or two with dinner, but then I'll skip wine that night. I probably save as much money on junk food as I'm spending on alcohol. A bottle of wine keeps me from buying two boxes of cookies, and it's a hell of a lot better for me. :)

ammo_bru

it was always just one. just one right after another. went you cut down to a 12 pack and a pitcher at dinner on the week days, you know you have issues. when you decide to stop it will either be a struggle or if you realy want to you don't think about it. it was almost a year between when I woke up one day and said I'm done and when I had another drink, special day. then after that it was over a year before I had half a beer. when you decide to stop it will happen, when you just say it it will not happen. all the power to for wanting to stop. yes there is money saved, but it always goes somewhere. good luck on either path and the fight.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
You're the last person that needs to watch their weight... skinny bastard. :p

There's probably a reason for that. ;)

Weight isn't the whole issue. Heart disease runs in my family and I've got crazy high cholesterol unless I control it carefully.