who made it thru

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Man my eyes are starting to hurt as well as my brain .How many on this board have made it thru elementary school and know how to speak or type english in understandable sentences.God some people need to learn how to read then learn how to reread their posts before hitting the submit button.I mean come on i know everybody makes a typo here and there but some peoples posts are just atrocious and a mockery of the English language.

PierCed_3

I drive Frankenstein!!
I have to agree to some extent. I do get all crosseyed and stuff when I read some of the latest posts. It's hard to understand someones point of view when you have to decode everything they type. I definately can say that you have to walk a mile in the other guys shoes to get a good perspective of where they are coming from though.

My best buddy growing up had terrible grammer and made many spelling errors. He was homeschooled so I assume that is what the problem was but he can read books so you would think he would pick up on some things. My worst subject in school was English but I think I can express myself very well. Even if I don't use proper punctuation sometimes or don't make complete sentences.

I'm with you though.... we need a spell check or something. ;)

Badger

I am the Brute squad
hey i'm not any better .hell i was such an a$$hole in school they threw me out in 11th grade and i went and got a GED.my spelling sucks and i know it thats why i use spell check .i know my punctuation is bad as well but i reread almost every post i put out to make sure it is understandable .

Badger

I am the Brute squad
i don't think i said anything to that effect ,but if you like to read something 20 times ,add words here and there,and put in your own punctuation.good for you cause i know it hurts my head to do so.

personally i don't like to look like the idiot i can be so i make sure to double check myself

95jeepgrndchke

I agree with a spell check, if it isnt too much more work for our over gracious mod's and Greg. But I do disagree with publicly complaining about people for spelling and grammar errors with no good intentions in mind.

SICK99TJ

Spilleng

95jeepgrndchke said:
I agree with a spell check, if it isnt too much more work for our over gracious mod's and Greg. But I do disagree with publicly complaining about people for spelling and grammar errors with no good intentions in mind.

YA DNT HTE THE GME JUST THE SPILLENG... :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I don't think we try to be the spelling/grammar police unless it's totally blatant and rediculous. (such as the threads that I'm sure you are referring to) Honestly, we don't have time for all the drama. We do have jobs that pay the bills. I've never seen or expected a dime to be a moderator. I happened to be downloading some fairly large files yesterday and that was taking up most of my computer resources, so I just happened to be browsing about the half the day (most of it in that thread). Honestly, if you at least TRY to get your point across in a reasonable, readable manner and it's not against board rules, you posts stay pretty much intact (if not totally).

I tried to help ExtremeElements out a little and got screwed for it. I'll just remove the posts next time and let him b!tch.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
hey all i'm trying to do is get people to understand they need to get their point across better.i'm not any better than most i have trouble gettting my point across ,i have trouble spelling. might have something to do with my dyslexia and the fact that i have no attention span for anything

Badger

I am the Brute squad
like i said i'm not perfect.

ok what i did wrong

1. thru-through
2. thats-that is
3. gettting-getting
4. i didn't capitalize every thing i should of.

but the main thing is did you understand where i was coming from and what i was saying yes you did or atleast i would hope that you did

mowlasley

I don't think that it is a big deal at all. The only issue that I have is when people make the huge run-on sentences.

If you are not going to use capital letters and periods, at least put each seperate thought on a seperate line.

There is nothing harder to read than a two hundred word paragraph that is just in one ginormous, un-punctuated block.

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Badger said:
like i said i'm not perfect.

ok what i did wrong

1. thru-through
2. thats-that is
3. gettting-getting
4. i didn't capitalize every thing i should of.

but the main thing is did you understand where i was coming from and what i was saying yes you did or atleast i would hope that you did

get a rope -_- :rofl:

Brett

Meat-Hippy
James K said:
you're not said, who you trying to kid? :p

Good point....I do agree with this thread though. I'm not trying to be mean towards anyone, but the people on this board should take a little bit of time and reread what they are about to post. Half the time, I read through someone's reply and just stare at it, thinking to myself, "What the hell." All it takes is just a little bit of time to say, "Oops, made a mistake." I do it, and it's easy, though I've always had to make sure that I don't make errors when typing (former jobs.)

Anyway, boogashaka!