Who makes giood toyota motor rebuild kits?

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Who makes good toyota motor rebuild kits?

I have a 3.0 v-6 with a rod knock, and a 4 banger in the beast that is tired as hell. I don't know what name brand to buy for a rebuild kit or what is a good price. This is the first on I farmed the labor out and it didn't include the kit.... I am gonna look at doa but LC engeneering doesn't list prices... My buddie works at bradshaws and he mentioned some weird kit a few weeks ago, But I also had a freind say felpro. But thats gaskets, what about bearings and junk?

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Skyetone said:
assholes.... fine dont reply.

ok,,,

Why not just let the machine shop get your parts? I have never heard of a parts kit that were one brand. All parts were different types....
must be a toy thing........... :rolleyes:

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Yea I hear you, but I am having a toy mech. do the labor on the side. I need to suply a kit to rebuild. I don't want dealorship prices.... I'll go DOA LOL

Last edited:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Skyetone said:
Yea I hear you, but I am having a toy mech. do the labor on the side. I need to suply a kit to rebuild. IK don't want dealorship prices.... I'll go DOA LOL

You are having it machined right??

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
well yea..... My new roomates ex fatherinlaw is a mech at MM toyota for years. he does side work. Way less labor money. Can't beat a 400$ runner with a v-6 with a rod knock LOL

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Go to engnbldr.com, I think they sell a complete kit. I am very impressed with just the crawler cam I bought from them!!!

iwakunijeeper

*** Ambassador to Japan
Klif01 said:
Go to engnbldr.com, I think they sell a complete kit. I am very impressed with just the crawler cam I bought from them!!!
If that doesnt work call Ace Auto Supply and talk to Doug # is 466-8766.
If he doesnt have a kit he will be able to tell you all of the stuff you need, also bradshaws buys quite a bit of there stuff from them so....