Who plays up corner canyon?

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Went in in sandy and came out in alpine. Though about how half of you guys live there. Where are all the "good" obsticals in that canyon?
There is a big white sand hill by sandy, that was fun :)
There are several roads of varios dificulty, I also know there are other areas that are fun but next to imposible to find .....
I'll post pix asap. It was kinda fun, want to go again.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I used to play up there all the time but the last time I did I got a ticket for mis use of a motor vehicle or some crap. I guess corner is off limits now

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Yeah, its oficially posted. There's HUGE metal signs everywhere (Which stand about 8 feet tall) stating the fact.........

There are some great rock formations around the overlook above Alpine, but you have to go thru the Illegal part. :(

Its too bad, there was a canyon that I hiked a few times back in the day which I thought could be somewhat comparable to a milder Surprise Canyon. Water, Legdes and a need for a winch!

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
Is that private land or BLM or what? I was just thinking maybe we could contact them and work with them on reopening it.

Greg

Admin
Its private and since they are developing it, theres no chance to get it reopened. Soon there will be $750,000 homes up there and we all can drive thur the neighborhoods in our Hondas! :rolleyes: Yeaaah! :mad:

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Greg
Its private and since they are developing it, theres no chance to get it reopened. Soon there will be $750,000 homes up there and we all can drive thur the neighborhoods in our Hondas! :rolleyes: Yeaaah! :mad:

did you sell your jeep and get a ricer car?? is there something you need to get off your chest greg??:D

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Well see I don't get it......
There is a SHLOAD of roads that go all over inside that canyon.
Then all of a sudden in about the middle is where I saw "private property". No gate or anything. Then the signs went away. How does that work? I worked from sandy to alpine southbound.

Greg

Admin
Originally posted by Skyetone
Well see I don't get it......
There is a SHLOAD of roads that go all over inside that canyon.
Then all of a sudden in about the middle is where I saw "private property". No gate or anything. Then the signs went away. How does that work? I worked from sandy to alpine southbound.

Wierd. Did you go thru the area were its flat, with a few Mud Boggin' pits? And where in Alpine did you come out? Hog Hollow Road? That area is 10 min from my place.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
lets go wheeling up there and if cops stop us I'll conveniently have some surveying equipment in my truck! :D:D:D
"Just doing some surveying sir." :D:D:D

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Whats kinda wierd is that there was a cop right at the entrance. So I was chicken and the three of us went low. Then my buddie was saposed to go talk to the cop and see if we could wheel. Well he just saw the gate open and we went. The cop was waiting for another civilain car to show up to help some guy with a few motorcycles in his truck. Anyways the cop didn't look twice.
I hear that there are cops/forest service that patrole there but I don't know how they'd get to where I was very easy.
No I didn't make it to where the bogs were. I have before but that was 3-4 years ago. I have no idea about the roads anymore.
Just drive aimlessly.
I came out to the north of the town. They are building new houses at the base of the canyon, I just dropped in.
Drove for a few and ended up on some SR that went right to the freeway.
Onetuff I'd LOVE to see a fullsize in the scrubs. I was scraping both sides at times. You'd be mowin the trees down :)
I'm down for going again.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
We actually did the main road about a year ago with her :D:D Nothing a little wax didn't take care of. LOL

I want a beater rig!:( .........hmmmm maybe I'll take ownership of my dad's 92 Bronco..........? Just have to find a solid front and I'd be set!