who sells beadlocks here in Utah?

rondo

rondo
So who sells beadlocks in Utah? I know factory tubular used to make them way back in the day. I made a list of like 18 beadlock vendors and visited every website; for the most part these websites suck; they don't list prices or pics of their wheels, or they are dealer only.

Some only do kits, like the rockrings, which would be okay but no-one i know is good enough to weld the rings on without them leaking air.

Trailready site is awesome, so is walker evans. Hutchinson wheels are also great. These are among the priciest though. i'd like to get a better deal than that.

short of it is who has them on the shelf here, anyone? i need some 8 lug, 4' backspacing 16x10 or something like that. thanks to anyone that can help.

ROCKRUNNER

I think you are going to be stuck ordering them for your application. There are very few shops that stock them. We can get Walker, Trail ready, and the DIY's. The size you listed is a very odd size and will probably have to be ordered they ussually take about 3 weeks. Let me know if we can be of help to you.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I recently bought some from Offroad Overstock and am really happy with them and have not had one leak. I am no Pro. at welding but it seemed extremely easy to me.

Caleb

I recently bought some from Offroad Overstock and am really happy with them and have not had one leak. I am no Pro. at welding but it seemed extremely easy to me.
Yeah, welding them on is super easy. Once you go back over the weld with silicon you usually don't have leaks.

COMP4x4

Just welded mine up (16x10's black steel) and got them on yesterday. Will post pics tommorrow. I am actually in the process of getting them laser cut to sell on our site as a DIY kit, or charge a bit more for us to do the welding. First ones off the laser table will be 16"s with more sizes to follow. I know there are alot of companies making beadlocks with big price tags. The trail ready ones look awesome. If I can help you out let me know>> PM

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Are you looking for steel or aluminum? I am very happy with my Champions, but they were pretty expensive.

The DIYs areut the instructions are the same. not too bad to put together. I did a writeup here on how to put them together. The pics are gone now, but the instructions are still valid.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I got mine from Diy4x.com. The cool thing about his is you can customize them how you want them. I had the International Harvester logo cut into mine. His prices are way cheap. They start at 65 a wheel. Mine cost 70 per wheel. Then shipping which wasnt bad at all. I think I was 325 total.

As for welding them........dont be scared. You just have to weld about 2 inches at a time and make sure your welds overlap about 1/2 inch. Weld the crap out of them and them smooth them out with a flapper wheel on your grinder. When you do this you can see if you are going to have any leaks. If you have a bad weld......grind it out and reweld it again.

I am a very amatuer welder and I did mine (without any silicon) and I have no leaks at all. I was expecting at least a slow leak but nothing.

If you are interested.......I would be willing to weld the rings on for you for a cheap price as Im sure a number of people on here would. Just let me know.

Heres a link to one of my threads with a pic of the finished product
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=39592&page=2

The pic is at the bottom of the page.

Good luck!

rollover

Talk to henderson rim on 1800 south 300 west SLC. They have done rim repairs for years. They may be able to weld a kit on for you and balance the wheel after welding it up.
Just a thought.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Talk to henderson rim on 1800 south 300 west SLC. They have done rim repairs for years. They may be able to weld a kit on for you and balance the wheel after welding it up.
Just a thought.

I forgot to add that after I welded and ground mine I took them to a tire shop and put them on the balancing machine. 3 were perfect and one was barely off. I was really surprised at that. If you take your time centering them........they should stay balanced

COMP4x4

Here are mine all locked up.
lockedrear1.jpg

Last edited:

rondo

rondo
Thanks to all who replied.
I've decided to go with the DIY beadlock rings and get some steelies. i have a pal who is a pro welder and can weld them on.
Best buy on steelies so far is at discount tire, $75 a wheel for 16x10 and 8 lug. I'd like to get 4" backspacing though.
I'm waiting on a quote from a 4x4 shop for the labor and parts on this 'cause my skills aren't up to it. But if i don't hear from them i'll get em myself.

Caleb

Thanks to all who replied.
I've decided to go with the DIY beadlock rings and get some steelies. i have a pal who is a pro welder and can weld them on.
Best buy on steelies so far is at discount tire, $75 a wheel for 16x10 and 8 lug. I'd like to get 4" backspacing though.
I'm waiting on a quote from a 4x4 shop for the labor and parts on this 'cause my skills aren't up to it. But if i don't hear from them i'll get em myself.

Check jegs.com, you can get the Cragar Soft 8 in either a 4.5" or 5" backspace (16x8 8lug) for $53 and shipping is pretty cheap as well. I got my wheels through Jegs and I'd get them again through them.

notajeep

Just me
I just got my steelies from les schwab for $41 each. The are 15x8 8 lug and I ordered the DIY beadlocks from Offroad overstock shipped for $229. They should be here tomorrow.
Dan