Who to donate car to...

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
My moms company had a running Chevy van they are looking to donate... Anyone worthy besides the Kindey Foundation??? Of course they need all the legit paperwork fot tax purposes...

Anyone, needs to happen quick!

Badcop

Who Dat? Who Der?
Cars for Kids, in the yellow pages, and on the web. They use the donation for charity to kids with disease, poverty, etc.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I understand that the laws are changing for this on 1/1/2005. So you may want to hurry. Currently you take the blue book value of the car to calculate taxes on. After Jan 1 they wait until they sell the car (usualy way under blue book) and you calculate your tax break off the acutal sale price. So if the beater car has a book value of $2000, but sales for $200. you would get $700 refund this year verses $70 next year.

If this may apply to you call your tax guy to verify.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Check with the National Ability Center, (the people we built the trailer for). They may be able to use the van to shuttle kids, and provide the tax documents.

NATIONAL ABILITY CENTER
Post Office Box 682799 • Park City, Utah 84068
Voice/TDD: 435-649-3991 • Fax: 435-658-3992
E-mail: info@nac1985.orgwww.nac1985.org

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Coreshot said:
Check with the National Ability Center, (the people we built the trailer for). They may be able to use the van to shuttle kids, and provide the tax documents.

On the phone with them right now... :D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Coreshot said:

NATIONAL ABILITY CENTER
Post Office Box 682799 • Park City, Utah 84068
Voice/TDD: 435-649-3991 • Fax: 435-658-3992
E-mail: info@nac1985.orgwww.nac1985.org
Good Job!

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
I donated my old project dodge that became doomed to the Multiple Sclerosis foundation or something like that.
My sister and a friend have MS, so it was logical to me.