who wants a RME hoodie and will actually BUY one?

Will you buy a RME hoodie right now?

• Yeah, they're stylish and it's frickin' getting cold

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • No, I like them but not enough to shell out

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Your question equals class warfare, go to hell

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Given that "rockymountainextreme" could be a catch-all for any number of activities (extreme climbing? hiking? hunting? paragliding?!?!?), I'll have to set aside my deep love of design and say that we NEED vehicles on there.

Oh the conflict!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That's about how I feel, I like the previous design because it looks just like the web site. People that see the image on a shirt and aren't active on RME, but have visited briefly would instantly recognize it. I like the first design. :)

Excellent point.

If anything, I think we can improve the first design a little bit but keep the same concept. I think that includes having the url above the chest image.

Another question to bring up is weight and quality of the hoodies. Last year we went with the heaviest and most durable hooded sweatshirts we could find. They are expensive! I personally have several different hoodies that are obviously cheaper cost wise but are really good and have lasted many many years. We could go with a lighter weight hoodie and lower the cost quite a bit to RME members. We didn't even any make money on the hoodies last year nor did we plan to. Our goal is to return the money that was put into buying/printing so we could just buy more.

Revenant

Can we do something different as far as the font for the lettering on the sleeves? Whether it just be something like the font on the site's banner or more stylized lettering, maybe incorporating orange.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I love my heavyweight RME hoodie. I won't be buying another this round, but I like good quality schtuff.

B

Bear@BlackWidow

I need at least a triple fat, and would be willing to purchase one of each of the designs.

(btw, as a supporting vendor, shouldn't we get one anyways?) wink wink.

Corban_White

Excellent point.

If anything, I think we can improve the first design a little bit but keep the same concept. I think that includes having the url above the chest image.

Another question to bring up is weight and quality of the hoodies. Last year we went with the heaviest and most durable hooded sweatshirts we could find. They are expensive! I personally have several different hoodies that are obviously cheaper cost wise but are really good and have lasted many many years. We could go with a lighter weight hoodie and lower the cost quite a bit to RME members. We didn't even any make money on the hoodies last year nor did we plan to. Our goal is to return the money that was put into buying/printing so we could just buy more.
I would say the heavy ones. I really don't like my light ones and even tho the cost is more, I for sure wouldn't get a light weight one while I would probably get a heaver one. On the off road issue, couldn't we put just a sketch of a tube buggy without any brand specific bodywork/markings/etc. on the back of the modified original design? (the Bucking Buggy comes to mind)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
So 10 people have committed to buying at least one, let's rock.

And in heavyweight stuff too. :D Lightweight stuff is not extreme enough for the awesomeness of this website. ;)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Can we do something different as far as the font for the lettering on the sleeves? Whether it just be something like the font on the site's banner or more stylized lettering, maybe incorporating orange.

If it ends up looking like NASCAR paraphanalia then count me out

:ugh:

I really liked the heavyduty style btw.. My last one was even on fire and held up great.

Last edited:

Caleb

If it ends up looking like NASCAR paraphanalia then count me out

:ugh:

I really liked the heavyduty style btw.. My last one was even on fire and held up great.
Agreed!

I really like the design Shane posted up. Nice, simple, clean, and if they really want to know what rme.com is, they have the URL to go visit and find out :D I'm not really into having vehicles on my sweatshirts. :) I think last years design was pushing it for me, but I still liked it (and bought one). I agree about the heavier material. Pending design, I'd be in for a 2XL. :)

R

rockdog

I have provisions for a new design for the new run. Maybe I'll post it up and have a vote. I'll admit that it will probably be a 50/50 split of people who like it.

Edit: Here's the mockup

RME-Hoodies-2008-09.jpg
I like this, but would like it better if it had rme in caps on an angle going diagonal across the front. It just needs a little more substance. And less plain black. Just my 2cents :)